YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Field Trip

Field Trip Information

It seems I need to run to the store once a week.  I try so hard to make sure I only need to go about every 10-14 days.  Darn it, I almost made it this time, but I did need a few things again.  

For one, the dog food I add to my dogs dry food is on back order and they have no idea of when it will be in.  I tried to order it from Amazon but they were also out.  Fine!  I will go to the grocery store and see what kind of wet food they have that isn't a bunch of yucky ingredients.  Surprise!  They have the formula in wet that I am feeding them in dry!  Perfect!  Not to mention it was almost half the price of what I have been paying for the other stuff.  

The other items needed were fresh produce, hot dog buns, ice cream (well maybe didn't need but wanted), refrigerated pie crust, and unsweetened applesauce.  The store was not busy so I was able to be in and out in under 30 minutes.  Win, Win!

What prompted this field trip?  I decided today was going to be baking day for me.  I made a loaf of our 'sandwich' bread in the bread machine.  While that was making and baking, I also made 2 loaves of Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.


One of them is for us and the other has already been delivered to our son and his family.  We are trying so hard not to waste any food.  During the time the breads were baking, I perused my recipes and decided I wanted to make a Honey Apple Pie as well as an Apple Cobbler.  DRAT!  I hate making pie crust, not to mention the fact, I do not have any all purpose flour and neither do the stores.  Hence the need for the refrigerated pie crust.  You do realize, vanilla ice cream goes quite well with apple pie and also apple cobbler.  (Are you seeing a pattern here yet?)  My banana bread recipe calls for unsweetened applesauce and I used the last of it today for these 2 loaves.    (You're catching my drift now, aren't you)  Since I used all the bananas for the bread, I needed more to go with my cottage cheese.  (uh huh, I saw the light bulb go on over your head)  Now I am home and too darn tired to make my 2 apple desserts.  Maybe in an hour or two I will get some energy back.

Hubby is smoking a pork loin for our dinner tonight.  There will be plenty of leftovers for tomorrow night also.  I love these meals that go for more than a day.  I am going to make easy diced air fryer potatoes for our side dish.  That should use up most of them and the rest I will shred and freeze for hash browns later on.  

Last night I fell down a rabbit hole.


I cast on another project.  This is the one that was sitting next to me yesterday.  I tried to resist.  Truly I did.  As you can see, I succumbed.  This is going to be another shawl called Boneset.  I got the pattern and yarn from Leading Men Fiber Arts during my non-fiber festival shopping spree.  This will be my first project using speckled yarn.  You can see I didn't go too far with it.  It is one of those that starts with a tab.  Not my favorite way to start a shawl yet seems to be designers' favorite.  

That is not all I worked on last night.  The socks got some love.  I decided to do them in a K3P1 pattern throughout the whole sock.  The Feather and Fan shawl also got another pattern repeat done on it.  

Hubby just pulled the pork loin off the smoker/grill.  It looks fantastic and smells even better.  We will let it rest for a bit before cutting into it.  It is wrapped in foil so it will soak all the juices back into the meat.  YUMMY!

The rest of the day/evening will be spent playing with my WIP's.  Nothing is close to being completed.  If I keep casting on new projects, nothing will every get done.  Do I care?  Not really.  Everything I am working on is winter wear anyway.  We are a long ways from winter here in Arizona.  (At least 8 months)  That should give me enough time to finish one or two of the projects, right?

Until next time.................happy crafting & stay well!

PS:  The pop up window for comments has solved the issue of your comments needing moderation going into my spam folder.  This is just crazy.  I am not a fan of the pop up window but it is also the only way a few of my readers are able to comment.  

2 comments:

  1. Pork loin sounds good especially the way your husband fixes it. I love your baking....looks so yummy and the apple desserts sound delicious.
    Enjoy your new cast on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say don't fight yourself in what you want to do. It's already stressful with this pandemic in our country and the world. Treat yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.