YOP LIST 2023-2024

Friday, April 3, 2020

End of day 9

Day 9 - Round is a Shape

Day 9 is how long it has been since I have gone out into a public place.  The only place I have been is to my son's house to drop off banana bread on Monday.  Hubby has been the one leaving the house to go to the grocery store and run any other errands we need done.  Since I have RA, I am considered to have an autoimmune disease and more susceptible to the virus. 

It seems, every other day is a productive day for me.  That might be because I am not longer a spring chicken.

I'm no longer a spring chicken..... | Funny facebook status, Funny ...

No longer does it bother me when some things on my list do not get completed.  I just transfer them over to the next day's list.  Today I had 10 items on my list and I have completed 8 of them.  The only things not completed................bathing the 2 dogs and washing their blankets that lay on our furniture.  Those items will get transferred to tomorrow's list.

Hubby let me sleep in today.  That means I got a bit of a late start to my day.  I still managed to do 4 loads of laundry, empty the dishwasher and refill it, water all the indoor plants, wind my antique mantle clock, clean veggies for lunches and declutter some books.  All before lunch time!


These are the books I have pulled to give away, so far.  There are quite a few more but, they  need hubby's input to decide if we can kiss them good-bye.  

After lunch seemed the perfect time to start another dishcloth for the upcoming wedding in May.  This time I am doing the "Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth".


I had forgotten how quick this one knits up.  Actually, I am purling the entire cloth, as I can go much quicker with my Portuguese knitting when I purl.  I have 10 more rows before I start the decreases.  It will be completed before dinner and then I will start another one.  

I have been checking in with family and friends every few days to make sure they are all healthy.  My son in Texas will be out of quarantine tomorrow but still has some minor symptoms.  He is not allowed back to work until he is symptom free for 72 hours.   Otherwise, everyone else on my list is feeling fine.

Tonight is our meatless meal night for Lent.  I have decided to make burritos with eggs, potatoes O'Brien, cheese and salsa.  There will be refried beans on the side.  It will use up the rest of the potatoes in my freezer finally.  I dislike having small amounts of foods sitting around.  They usually get forgotten about and by the time I remember them, they are freezer burnt.  We are trying to be more conscientious about that.  It almost feels like what happened during the depression.  You do not waste food!  It is amazing how this stay at home pandemic has changed the way we look at things.

So, this happened today:


I sent this article to my local son as this is his wife's beer.  It is about the only one she can drink that does not give her a headache or make her sick.  There is one other she can tolerate so guess she will be switching brands.  This company makes Corona, Modelo, and Pacifico.  So if you enjoy any of those brands, you may want to go and stock up.  Me?......I am a Michelob Ultra gal.  

My dryer is telling me my towels are done.  

Until next time (Sunday)...........................happy crafting and stay well!

2 comments:

  1. You got lots done and all before lunch? You go, girl! It's nice your husband can do the shopping. I just told someone how I never have a problem sleeping...well, sure enough, the minute I open my mouth I get my comeuppance! I was up 3-4 times last night so I'm sure I'll be dragging today. You're fast on the dishcloth. I'm hoping to finish mine today but I did go to 54 stitches across to make it bigger. Maybe I should try the Portuguese knitting? Do you knit that way all the time now? You are fast! Glad your family is well and healing and your burritos sounded delicious. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad likes Modelo. I finished the first book in the Bromance Book Club series. It was funny! You might enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.