YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Day 16


Another day is coming to a close and I feel like I really didn't do much today.

This morning was Prayer Shawl ministry meeting.  It was so nice to be with the ladies and have some fun together.  I helped another lady learn to knit today too.  She swore she could not knit right handed because she was SOOOOO left handed.  I had to laugh.  I am so very left handed I hardly use my right hand for anything other than to knit with or hold my yarn with I crochet.  I worked with her for about 10 minutes and she was off and running with her yarn and needles.  The best part of this story....................she does not speak English and my Spanish is almost non-existent.  But with the help of one or our bi-lingual ladies, I was able to communicate with her.  I even put my hands over hers and showed her how to move the needles and yarn.  I believe in hand memory and it proved to be true.  Once I released my hands from hers, she was on a roll.  I still think any type of art has a universal language of it's own.

This afternoon, I visited my mom.  She is doing so much better mentally since the Doctor adjusted her medications.  It is a real pleasure to go and see her again.

I have been home for a little while and this is what has been happening:


Sweater #7 is ready for it's last sleeve and then the sewing in of the ends.  I took all the little sweaters out to show my mom and got exactly the response I was looking for.  As soon as she picked them up she put a big grin on her face.  Thinking it was just because she too is a knitter and knew what it took to make these I tried my theory out on my hubby.  I handed him all the little sweaters and as soon as he was holding them up to look at them, he got a smile all over his face too.  These sweaters are happy little creations.  I wish I could make thousands of them to brighten up the entire world.  But alas...................I will be happy to get enough done for all the grands and their significant others or parents.  I would like to get enough done for friends also and for prayer shawl ladies.  

So, if you need me I will be the one buried under a pile of sock yarn bits and pieces.  I will be easy to find though..................I will be smiling.

Until next time...............happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. I can barely see the top of your head under all that sock yarn Marsha, I hope you're doing okay! ;) I think that's so cool about teaching the Spanish lady...sometimes language is just not necessary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see your smiles from under your yards and yards of beautiful sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.