YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, August 16, 2020

WEEK 7 OF MY 10TH YEAR

 


Hello there.  So glad you have come here today.  Wanna see what I have done this past week?  Okay, let's take a look.

I worked a bit on hubby's HES this week.  The needle is where I was last week.  Do you see the colors gradually changing?  Look towards the top of the photo.  It is a very subtle change and I had to look twice last night to see if it was just wishful thinking on my part of if it was really changing.  Wait until you see what the final color on these socks will be.  It is shocking.

Here is my xstitch I am plugging away on.

I know it doesn't look like much.  I can not work on it for very long because of this:

The pattern!  I learned quickly to highlight the areas I have completed.  The color changes are amazing.  It will be gorgeous when completed.............if I can work longer than 30 minutes on it that is.  Trying to keep track of where I am on the pattern is hard for me.  Even with my strongest glasses on. Hence the reason I am highlighting the completed area.  What was I thinking when I bought this?

Most of my week was spent working on the Havana blanket.  

I just started my 5th color last night.  There will be two more colors to add and then I will just repeat them until it is finished.

This was made wider than the pattern called for.  I wanted it to fit a single bed.  Well, as you know, I am an over achiever LOL.

This is it laying across my king sized bed!  I laid it on a full size and it fit that quite nicely as it did on the queen sized bed too.  I am very much enjoying this crochet.  Now, if it would cool off here so I did not have to work on this with a fan blowing directly on me!  Yes, it is still over 110F here and will be for at least another week or two.  

In everyday life, we had a fairly quiet week.  Other than getting most of our groceries for the month, we pretty much stayed home all week.  I did get a treasure this week.

My new 8 quart 9 in 1 Ninja Foodi Deluxe.  Some of my kids have been telling me all about this machine for several months.  They keep praising it's ability to do the job of several of the small appliances I use almost daily now.  FINE!  I finally found it on sale at Bed Bath and Beyond and was also able to use a 20% off coupon on top of the sale price.  That brought it into my price range.

I used it last night to air fry some chicken thighs for dinner (Took 15 minutes to do)  Worked just fine!  This will replace my air fryer, 2 large crockpots, dehydrator, and rice cooker.  The one thing I did not have that this will do is pressure cook.  I am sure there will be a learning curve with it.  That's ok, I have time to play with it and learn little tricks to making it just right for me.  

This coming week is busy for us.  Hubby and I both have car appointments.  His is for a recall and mine is for routine maintenance.  Hubby also has a Doctor's appointment this week.  That covers the first 3 days of the work week.  Our local Grand Daughter starts school on Monday.  It will be online to start.  Her school will reassess after Labor Day to see if/when they will go to in person learning. Our covid numbers have really gone down in the past three weeks, so hopefully, schools can get back to having students on campus soon.  

Would you like to join our Year of Projects group?  We would love to have you jump in anytime.  You only need to be some type of crafter.  It is a wonderful place where you can share your love of your craft, no matter what it is.  This is the link to join us.  

Until Next Time.................Happy Crafting & Stay Well!!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. goodness me, that cross stitch pattern looks daunting! But I like how you break it a piece at a time, I think it also shows progress!
    I am loving your blanket, it really is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blanket is looking really great - I love the color palate you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to know how the Ninja works out after a while. I keep wanting to buy an air fryer so don't see myself buying a multipurpose item instead but if it is all that I might {if I decide I want to spend $ on something other than books and yarn that is}

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blanket is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to town on your Havana, Marsha! It looks beautiful! And that Ninja Foodi Deluxe sounds like it lives up to its name. Wow. I imagine you have all sorts of tasty fun learning how to use it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing to have a new appliance that will replace so many others. My son just got an instapot for his new digs and he is really enjoying all the things he can make in it. You blanket looks amazing - the colours are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all of your projects so very colorful and cheerful!! I'm coming to your house for a meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, some of those cross stitch patterns are complicated! Ii will beautiful when you finish but don't go blind! LOL! I like the newer designs as they don't use complicated stitches or backstitch everything.
    What yarn is that that changes color like that! So cool!
    Your Havana blanket is stunning! It almost looks neon. Glad you are enjoying it.
    Your new toy looks exciting! I have my Insta Pot but have yet to use it! I need to study and start using it.
    Have a good week and stay cool and well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I couldn’t do that cross stitch, my eyes aren’t great and I struggle to see a difference in colours that are very similar, but I’m sure it will be beautiful. You are flying along with your Havana, did you already tell us the weight of yarn you are using? The socks are looking great and you have me intrigued about the surprise that awaits. Happy cooking in your new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a Ninja machine! I'm very intrigued about air frying. Cross stitch is fun. My mama's been on a roll, whipping out small finishes for me and the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Havana blanket. The colors are stunning!

    Your cross stitch is coming along nicely. It's so difficult to see those boxes. You seem to have a great system of coloring the part you've already done. I look forward to seeing your progress on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.