YOP LIST 2023-2024

Friday, August 21, 2020

Let the Weekend Begin

 Let The Weekend Begin weekend weekend quotes its the weekend ...


It is Friday evening.  We have just finished our dinner of leftovers and are settling in to watch a little baseball and then the Stargate SG1 series we are still binge watching.  Stargate is almost completed and then we will watch the 2 movies that explains what happened to all the characters after all the series ended. After that..............who knows.  

Today, hubby cleaned the last half of the house.  I stayed out of his way after I moved all the items out of his way so he could just barrel through.  While he was cleaning I watched an Amazon Prime Movie called "Sweet Home Carolina".  It was very predictable and the acting was not the best but............it filled 90 minutes while he cleaned.  I also worked on his socks while watching the movie.  

Once the cleaning was done, it was time for lunch.  As soon as that was over I took Luna to meet her new Vet.  She is scheduled for a dental and mass removal on September 3rd.  Poor old girl.  Hopefully everything will go smoothly.  The Vet is pretty sure the mass is just a fatty tumor (lipoma).  I really liked the new Doctor too.  She was very informative and explained things in great detail.

I dropped Luna off at home and went to fill our water cooler bottles and on to the grocery store for a few veggies we ran out of.  While at the grocery store I found some pans I can use in my Ninja Foodi.

  Instant Pot 7.5 Inch Non Stick Springform Pan - Shop Appliances at ...PicOfTheWeek: A Cake Too Far - DadCooksDinnerInstant Pot Official Round Cake Pan - Gray - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

These were all at my grocery store and on sale!  The reason I got them.............the springform pan I used for the cheesecake was waaaay too big even though it fit in my Ninja, it was a very tight fit.  This way, all of these will fit without issues.  I plan on making good use of all of them.

Speaking of cheesecake.....................it was horrible.  There was NO flavor at all other than the crust.  I am now searching Pinterest for recipes using ingredients I have used before in cheesecakes I have made in the past.  

The bread I had to finish off in my Smart Oven yesterday turned out just fine.  Now I know if I want, I can just make the dough in the bread maker and then cook the bread in the smart oven.  Just another idea for me to put in my little pea brain.

Want some good news?  We only made it to 100 today!  There was a little issue with the humidity and dew point though.  When we lived in Pennsylvania we would call this type of weather 'close'.  In Kansas they called it 'thick'.  Needless to say, this was not a day you wanted to go running or hiking.

The other good news is.................the part for our A/C has arrived.  It will be installed on Tuesday and the tech installing it is the one that found out the issue.  I am so happy.  I really liked him and Luna LOVED him.  Enrique was not allowed to meet him as E can be a bit of an itch with men.

So, that is about the extent of my exciting day.  Tomorrow will be laundry day (only 2 loads) and working on my WIP's.  I will be back to blogging land on Sunday.

Until next time............................happy crafting & stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a very good Friday. I look forward to you sharing with us some of the delicious things you make with your Ninja Foodi and those pans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen IP accessories but haven't taken a closer look. My mom likes to make ribs in hers or jook. I've been using mine for eggs and brown rice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.