YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

TUESDAY

Out & About app - Early Years Count (TEYC) 


Hubby and I took a trip today.  We both were getting some bad cabin fever.  We hopped into the car and headed out to..........................................

Coronavirus - Updates | WinCo Foods


And after we completed our little shopping trip there we took off for the final leg of our journey.

Welcome to Costco Wholesale


The excitement was almost too much for us.  🙄

Actually, the trip to Costco was needed.  I was out of  the protein bars that I eat each morning for breakfast.  Since WinCo is right next door, we went there as I was totally out of fruit and they have such good prices on their produce.  The plums and nectarines were beautiful and several of each are now in my kitchen.  WinCo also has the fattest jalapenos every.  They make the best poppers too.  Of course we had to get a few of those too.  The Costco run netted us a lovely pork loin which we will cut in half and use half for pork chops and the other half for a smoked pork roast.

Today is wing day at our local shop.  Hubby suggested we get wings there tonight for dinner.  You didn't have to tell me twice.  They have a Strawberry Hot flavor that is so yummy.  

What's for dinner at your place?

Until next time...............happy crafting & stay well!


4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Strawberry Hot Wings. Sounds VERY interesting.

    For dinner tonight was a chicken/veggie/pasta dish at the local pub. They have a very nice patio for al fresco dining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Meijer today and found the fruit too expensive, so I just bought some cut-up fruit and called it good. Rotisserie Chicken was on sale, so I bought that and some Everything French Bread and at home I made some toasted sub sandwhiches from the chicken, a salad, then we had fruit for dessert. It was a mighty fine supper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't know what's for dinner yet but I'll come up with something soon. Isn't it funny how this kind of outing is exciting to do? I stick to the two main grocery stores in my area and alternate one with the other. I can't get everything at a single one so it's a balance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have OMAD here, one-meal-a-day. I've been making bone-in chicken thighs that are dipped in seasoned flour (S&P, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, and chili powder). I figured out I can't just pan fry them b/c they'd take too long because of the bones so I pan fry them both sides in butter, 5 minutes each. Then I stick the pan in a 400° oven for 30 minutes. Holey bagels the skins are so crispy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.