YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

And Repeat

 

Today is kind of a repeat of yesterday.  Hubby and I decided to finish up our major monthly shopping today.  So off we went to:

New Sam's Club Adds Value in Owasso

We were able to pick up quite a bit of meat for our freezer as well as some staples.  Now I just need to get motivated to go into the kitchen and pull out the vacuum sealer and get all the meat packaged into meal sized packages.

These feet are not in the mood to move at the moment.  In all honesty, I really need to rearrange my deep freeze before I get all the meat we bought to day sealed and put in there. Thinking about working in the deep freeze is a pleasant idea with our lovely heat wave going on.

I will need to make one grocery store run yet this week. (probably tomorrow)  It will be for 2 items and then we are set for at least a week......................I hope!  BTW..............our new diagnosed virus numbers are falling quickly here.  We are no longer considered a 'hot spot'.  Thank goodness.  We are still wearing masks in public and using physical distancing.  Our hospitals are no longer at capacity either.  So things are looking up at the moment.

Are any of you having sleeping issues since this pandemic hit us?  Hubby is having a horrible time sleeping all night long.  I usually wake up two or three times but usually manage to fall back to sleep before too long.  Hubby on the other hand seems to lay awake for an hour or two.  Neither of us drink caffeine after the morning.  We have started eating lighter dinners, are trying to maintain a constant bedtime and have the house cooler than normal.  Any other ideas?  It has gotten worse over the past month.  

Well, that meat is not going to package itself.

Until next time......................happy crafting & stay well!


3 comments:

  1. Yes, sometimes I do. These past, two nights I've been sleeping better thankfully. I'm thinking of keeping a commonplace journal by my bedside to help with the brain chatter that's keeping me awake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our sleep has been off for a long time. Early in the spring, I know for me it was because of the lockdown - internal clock was knocked way out of whack within the first couple of weeks of that. Then throw DH's knee into the mix (he couldn't seem to lay down for more than an hour at a time) - due to pain before surgery, then pain after surgery. I woke up this morning at about 5:30 after heading to bed at 2 a.m. I got on the computer to look something up about knees because I've been concerned about DH's knee. And now I'm pretty awake - for a couple of hours, at least. Yeah... we've been a mess in the sleep department for most of this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been having trouble sleeping all summer, but I'm pretty sure it's because I'm terrified that my school district is going to go to in-person school.
    My son has two weeks left in Phoenix before he moves to Chicago, and says people there are not wearing masks or social distancing. I am glad he's moving to a safer place!
    In Wisconsin, numbers are going up. And with the University of Wisconsin students heading back, I'm expecting things to get worse!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.