YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Midweek

Caleb the GEICO Camel

Do y'all remember the commercial the above meme is from?  It was one of my co-workers favorite Wednesday sayings.

Not much going on here today.  Hubby and I hit the grocery store this afternoon.  Even though it is super hot outside, it was nice and cool in the store and not a lot of people in there (because of the heat).  We were blessed to run into our Godson and Goddaughter!  What a treat for us.  We had not seen them for over a year.  Our Godson is now 6 feet tall and only 15 years old!  Our Goddaughter is pregnant with her second child and attending school to become an nurse.  They grow up so quickly.  

Otherwise, we have taken it kind of easy today.  I did empty the dishwasher and got dinner in the crockpot earlier in the day.  Tonight we are having Picadillo.  So yummy and so many ways to serve it.  Here is the link to the recipe.  The leftovers will be made into Empanadas on Friday night for dinner.

Remember when I showed you the yarn I was going to try and use to make a mosaic lapghan?  Well, the colors looked fantastic together but using fingering weight yarn was not making me happy.  And, this is the year I only make what makes me happy.  I will stick to using worsted weight for that project.  

Have any of you watched Prodigal Son on Fox?  Is it any good?  We are looking for another series to binge watch.  We now have Netflix, Disney +, Hulu, Peacock and Amazon Prime.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know.  We like crime dramas and medical dramas.  We do not like psycho thrillers, British comedy or slap stick comedy.  We are on our last 2 season of Stargate SG1 and have already watched Stargate Atlantis.  We have also seen qll the Mandalorian, Jack Ryan, and Bosch series until their new ones come out.

That is about all from here.

Until next time...............happy crafting & stay well!


4 comments:

  1. Ha e you watched Killing Eve, it is one of our favorites.
    We like Prodical Son at first and then kind of lost interest. Right now we are watching an older show Chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picadillo sounds delicious and thanks for the link to the recipe. Sorry, I'm not too good on crime movies or movies period. I don't watch too much t.v. except in the evening and then it's usually news and a podcast. I can't wait to see your mosaic blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! I have made Skinny Tastes's Picadillo many time and it is tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to your goddaughter. Man, being preggers and in nursing school. That ain't no joke. And your godson to be 6' tall at age 15? Wowza! That is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.