YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, January 26, 2020

WEEK 30!!!!



It's Sunday again.  That means it is time for another update on my crafting week.  Some of you read my blog daily.  So, some of this content will be a repeat of what got posted during the week.  Sorry about that.  So let's get to it!

I finished "the child" #2


It is a bit larger than #1 by about 2 inches.  I have no idea why other than the fact I used a different yarn for it's head/body.  The same hook was used and the same instructions.  Oh well.  It is ok.  The person receiving this is a big man so it actually was perfect for him.  Yes, he loved it.

This week saw me having a bad case of Startitis.  I tried to ignore the symptoms in hopes it would go away in a day or two.  No such luck.  Two new projects were started this week.  It's not like I don't have any projects on the go as it is.  Take a look.


I know there are some of you with way more than 7 WIP's going on.  This is not normal for me.  Let's talk about each one.

#1. My 'Kid Silk Haze Shawl' done in alpaca.  Started this in September and just stopped             after a couple of weeks.

#2 'Raspberry Field Shawl' started on Thursday.  I don't know why I started it, but it felt                good to do so.

#3  Boxy Sweater of my own design.  Started this in November of 2015!!!!  This isn't cheap          yarn I am using for it either.  You would think I would get it done.

#4  "Feather and Fan Shawl" started it on Monday.  The yarn for this has been sitting in my         stash for several years.  I got it on one of our trips to Las Vegas at Sin City Knits.  What          a great LYS!

#5  The 'It Really Fits Cardigan'. Started this in September with hopes of it being done in              October.  Seeing I had to frog it once and start again, since it was WAY too big.  I am            on sleeve #1 and I DID work on it this week.

#6  'Scatterby socks" for the hubby.  Started on December 18th.  I really did try and get                 these done this past week.  Still have about 4 inches to go on the leg or until the yarn           runs out.  Whichever comes first

#7  'Forrest Path Shawl" started July 2018.  This is a shawl for the prayer shawl ministry at           my church.  I have not attended any meetings since January of last year.  My heart has         not been in it since the death of my mom and brother.  I will finish this shawl and turn it         in to the group so it can be used.

There are 3 other project bags sitting in my craft room with the yarn and patterns in them.  I really am trying hard not to start anymore projects.  There is another shawl pattern I want to start, 2 sweaters and several more socks.  Lucky for me, I only have so many needles and hooks.  Hold me back!!!!!!  

I did take a little look at my Year 9 list and really, I am not doing too bad this year.  Wanna see?  Of course you do!  

YOP 9 GOALS

Finish Boxy Sweater started in 2015   ZERO WORK DONE ON IT

Finish Eva Shawl started in 2011  FROGGED

Finish Forrest Path Shawl started in 2018  HAVE ADDED 2 MORE SECTIONS TO IT

Summer Top for me HAVE 2 OF THEM IN PROJECT BAGS AND READY TO GO
  Spotting Clouds ( this time with fingering yarn )

Cardigan for me  HAVE 1.5 SLEEVES AND BUTTON BAND LEFT TO DO
  It Really Fits  Cardigan 

Short Socks  4 PAIRS COMPLETED

Regular Socks  1 PAIR DONE AND 1 PAIR ON THE NEEDLES

Project bags/totes  ZERO

Market bags  ZERO

Produce Bags  ZERO

Tissue Box Covers  ZERO

Plastic Canvas Nativity bought in 2009  CUT OUT A FEW PIECES

Bookmarks  ZERO

Shawls for both Prayer Shawl and Personal  1 COMPLETED AND 4 ON THE NEEDLES

Blanket/Throw  30 VICTORIAN LACE SQUARES DONE
  Polly Plum Squares
   

Dishcloths  ZERO
  DW Pattern (no longer available online!)

Doilies/Table Runners  ZERO

Baby Items
Wee Sherlock  4 COMPLETED
Little Boy Blue   4 COMPLETED
Easy-Peasy No Sew, Stay On Baby Booties  2 PAIR COMPLETED

Purchase of yarn is prohibited!!!!!  I have over 21,000 miles of yarn to play with this year.  (38,481,140 yards)  DID PURCHASE COZY ALPACA YARN FOR ONE BABY OUTFIT BUT ALSO GOT A SHAWL OUT OF THE LEFTOVERS

Any other project that falls into my lap.  1 BABY BLANKET AS WELL AS 2 BABY YODA'S AND A BABY LOVEY.  ALSO BEEN MAKING FUN THINGS WITH MY CRICUT.

Now, if I can complete the 7 items I have going and stick to the above plan........and that is a BIG if,  I would feel accomplished.  The one thing I have noticed is, I am in love with shawls.  Our weather here is so moderate, shawls are the perfect thing to carry with me in case someplace has their A/C really cranking out cold air.  There are 4 or 5 shawls in my closet and I do wear them quite often.  I started out making them in neutral colors.  Now I am having fun using colors I love.   My second favorite thing is socks.  Now that I do the short socks, there will be more of those coming up.  Short socks get worn here year round with our tennis shoes.   Do you have a favorite item you knit or crochet?

I do have something else to show you that is NOT fiber related.


This is the orchid my hubby purchased for me last year shortly after my brother passed away. I have transplanted and babied this thing for the past year.  My efforts have been rewarded with new blossoms.  I am so happy.  My mom tried for over 2 years to get hers to bloom again and it never did.  I have another orchid sitting next to this one.  It is a lovely purple one.  The blooms on it are almost all done and then I will transplant it into a larger container and hopefully it will reward me in another year with blossoms too.

Hubby left this morning for Las Vegas to see his mom and make sure things are ready for her to move back home.  While he is gone I will be busy helping out with my Grand Dog and Grand Daughter as my son is going on a business trip for the week.  Hopefully, I will also finish getting my craft closet cleaned out so I can move some more things around in my craft room and open up some more floor space.  

There is a loaf of bread cooking in the bread machine.  There will be some knitting done today as well as watching a couple of chic flicks.  Time to go and get busy if I am to get everything on my "to do" list done before I fall asleep tonight.

Until Next Time.....................Happy Crafting!!!!!


8 comments:

  1. Your orchid is beautiful. I love baby yoda number two and I'm quite sure you will get through some of those wips. I think it is always nice to have some options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orchid is beautiful...I hope you are able to get your WIPs down to a manageable level for you, says the girl with 13 sock projects on the go....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to me you got a lot accomplished on your newest knits! I'm going to try to finish up my WIPs and maybe then stick to one or two projects in progress. LOL I know that won't really happen, but I wondered what that thought would look like in print. :)

    Your orchid looks so sweet. How wonderful that you have the magic touch with them that they will bloom repeatedly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I am not alone in the "startitis" category! I love your orchid...it's amazing you can grow them. I love all your projects and baby yoda is so cute! I've been meaning to ask you about the shortie socks as I wear socks in the summer too. Do you use cotton yarn for summer or still wool? You always inspire me with all you get done in your crafting and your home. Enjoy your "chick flicks"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I love your list and I hope it helps you get the projects you want off the needles completed and joyfully finished! I do not have works in progress that sit for long, I either finish or rip it out. Now some take me a while to work on but I do a bit each time. I wish I could grow orchids BUT I love them too much with water...and kill them. And my house is dark overall so there isn't a place for them. And Holly the cat is a bad cat and eats plants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am listening to th e Knitmore Podcast - back issues from spring - and just discovered the Boxy Sweater pattern from them. I see you have one going. It takes a lot of fingering weight yarn so I don't think I can start it just yet. But I probably will last some point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your baby orchid is cute. I have a Trader Joe's orchid that my friend gave me as a housewarming gift when we first moved here five years ago. I still get yearly blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I will NOT look at another Baby Yoda because my startitis is bad as is, and needs no further encouragement through gorgeous cute Baby Yodas. LOL. No, really, great job. I always have one sock on a set of dpns because they are such great take along projects. Though strictly speaking, they are not because I'm a bit obsessed with making both socks exactly the same size so I have to take a notebook of sorts and a pen with me to be able to note down rows. I love shawls but I haven't made one in ages. Startitis, I hear you coming. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.