YOP LIST 2023-2024

Friday, January 17, 2020

On the Move

Image result for on the move driving hyundai

What a glorious day it was today.  Got up at a decent hour and managed to get a few phone calls made about insurance coverage.  

Seems our Primary Care Doctor is no longer going to take our secondary insurance.  LOVELY!  Time to find a new Doctor............again!  She was nice enough to refill my prescriptions for 90 days so, I have time to look.

My favorite hair stylist was in the salon today so I got my haircut.  Boy, did it need it.  We cut it pretty short this time.  I am letting my undercut grow back out and will be going back to my normal pixie cut I have worn off and on for about 20 years.  It is just so easy to care for.  My hair is soooooo thick, I can not let it get long or I get headaches from it.  

After all of that, I had just enough time to come home and grab a banana before I had to go and pick up the Grand from school.  We made a date last week to go and order her letter jacket.  She lettered in swim this year.

Image result for letterman jacket red and gold

Pretty unusual for a freshman, so we are super proud of her.  Unfortunately, the place to order the jacket was on the west side of Phoenix.  It is a 56 mile round trip from my house.  I made it longer than that because of a few missed turns and decided to take a little detour on the way home.  The Grand was fine with the 'road trip'.

One of the places I took her on the way home was here:

Image result for mount claret phoenix

Mount Claret Retreat Center is located on the side of Camelback Mountain in Phoenix.  It is a Catholic retreat center and also homes where some of our retired priests live.  It is so peaceful there and the scenery is gorgeous.

I also got lost a couple of times on the way home so it took us 1.5 hours to get home.  That is ok, though,  It gave us plenty of time to talk about things without being interrupted by anything.  

It is nice to be home.  Hubby has steaks marinating.  There will be broccoli with cheese sauce and sweet potatoes to go along with it.  

Tomorrow we are picking up our Grand and our Godson and going to see the new Star Wars movie.  We seldom go to the theater but decided we wanted to see this one on the BIG screen.  Our Grand has seen it but wants to watch it again.  We have quite a few free movie passes so why not use them?  Right?  After the movie we will go to Mass and then come home and relax for the rest of the weekend.

The next 'Baby Yoda' is being started tonight.  Hopefully he will be done by the end of the weekend.  Since I have made him once, the next one should go much quicker.  I now know a few tricks I didn't the first time.  Like putting stitch markers where the eyes and ears go so I do not need to count after things are finished.  

Until next time...................happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.