YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, January 31, 2021

YOP WEEK 31 OF MY 10TH YEAR

 


Hello my friends.  I have so much to talk about today so, let's get started.

CRAFTING

I have another finish this week.


My daughter's Rose City Roller socks.  She loves them and has already worn them.  She even posted about them on Facebook.  That made me feel pretty darn good.  Once those were done, I had to decide what project to work on next.

I have two languishing WIP's still hanging around in my craftroom closet.  I grabbed both of them and gave them a once over.  Nope, not in the mood for either of them.  There is another WIP that will be ongoing for some time to come.  I looked at it and decided that was not going to make me happy either.  What to do?


How about casting on Daughter's next pair of RCR socks.  Brilliant idea, right?  This is some of my much loved Diversity yarn.  Once again, she picked out the color she wanted.  I told her I had cast on the next pair and she was so happy.  That is when she informed me, "You can make me socks anytime you want.  I love them so much."  Since hubby and I both have plenty of socks, she will be receiving many pairs in the future.

But wait, there's more!


Let's go ahead and start making some Victorian Lace Squares again.  These are such a great 'take along' project.  They are even more portable than socks.  Why did I decide to make these squares again?  Well, while cleaning out (decluttering) the craftroom, I ran across two totes full of fingering weight yarn.  It was a mixture of Knit Picks cotton, Happy Feet (Discontinued) and Serenity yarn.  None of these yarns were going to be made into socks.  The Knit Picks cotton does not have much stretch to it and is just a bit thicker than most of my other sock yarns.  The purple square is from the Knit Picks.  Happy Feet was one of the first non-wool yarns I used to make socks but is not very comfy on the feet.  It is the multi colored square.  Then there is the Serenity yarn.


I have made myself a hat and fingerless mitts from this yarn.  I do love it but don't think it would be much good for socks.  It does not feel like it has much 'memory' in the fiber.  My hat and mitts are lovely though.  This yarn is super soft and has all my favorite colors in one skein.  I have about 4/100 gram skeins of this.  It will be fun to make lots of squares with it and see how the colors show up on it.

If all you wanted to read about was my crafting, you are done.  Next up:

DECLUTTERING THE CRAFTROOM!

Oh my goodness.  I started on the craftroom this past week.  There has been many hours spent in there and I am not even halfway completed with it.  Fingers crossed, I will complete it next week.  Here are some photos of what I found this past week.

Buttons...........lots and lots of buttons.  They were in a small ceramic jar but once I completed the sewing area of the room, they no longer fit.  Now they are in a plastic box with a lid so they won't spill all over.

Here is this weeks items leaving my craftroom.


My old sock ruler, a knitting/craft bag and a holy water holder of St Francis.


Two tote bags that were used for going to the shore when we lived in PA, two pillows/seat cushions.

A scrapbook storage container.  I used it to store my Cricut papers and supplies.  Those are now all housed in a file cabinet that used to house Sashay scarf yarn.  (that went to Goodwill last week)

Two pin cushions.  The square one is one I made YEARS ago.  The purple velvet material is from a dress I wore in high school to a dance and the blue is from a dress my mom wore to my brother's wedding in 1969 and some lace from my grandmother.  I have never used it.


After making many masks and project bags, it was time to go through my material and decide what I would keep and what would be given away.  I also found a lot of Wonder Under that I used back in the day when we were applying cut out material to sweatshirts and then painting them.  


The flowered container on the far right was were I originally had my buttons.  Yup, way too small for the amount I now have.


Why I had decks of cards in my sewing cabinet, I have no idea.  But that is three more decks out of the house.


Good golly, here are 15 patterns.  Some of these were ones I used to make baby clothes for my boys who are all now in their 40's.  And I thought my hubby was a pack rat.  Guess I need to look in the mirror once in a while LOL.

It really feels good to be getting rid of so much out of the craft room.  There is also an entire back of trash out of there so far.  This week, I have a feeling there will be more trash than treasure going.

MY LOVES

The week would not be complete if I did not show you photos of my fur babies.

Enrique is so different from any other dog I have owned.  He is fiercely protective of me.  Follows me every where I go.  But has a bit of the devil in him.  

This is him with my daughter.  The last time she visited, he would not go near her.  This week, he was all over her.  We think the reason he would not go to her last time is, she brought her hubby with her.  He loves her husband which is kind of strange.  He is not a lover of males.  There are only about 4 men he really likes.  The rest he tries and nip the back of their legs.  Bad, bad, bad doggie.


And then there is my sweet, sweet Luna.  She is not feeling well today.  Her tummy is a bit upset.  So, I made her some lovely rice this morning to add to her dry kibble.  It seems to have helped a lot.  She is now resting quite comfortably.  Last night she kept running in and out of the doggy door and her tummy was making ugly sounds.  When I went to bed, she curled up right next to me for quite a while before she went into her bed.  I woke up this morning with her curled up next to my head.  This is very unusual for her.  She is quite independent and not really a cuddler.  So, I knew she was not feeling well.  At the age of 14, I know our days are numbered with her.  So, I will spoil her anyway I can, including making jasmine rice for her to eat.

PERSONAL NEWS

Today, I am remembering my brother.  It was 2 years ago my family and I were with him as he took his last breath.  It doesn't seem like 2 years have passed.  My feelings are not 'sad' today but rather melancholy.  

Yesterday, my mom's last living sibling left this world.  He was the first born and the last to pass away.  He had a long life though....................103!  Yes, we have some long life genes in our veins. 

I woke up about 6 this morning.  Since my to do list seemed pretty long, I got started on it right away.  First thing I did was make Luna some rice in the Ninja Foodi.  Next I got a loaf of bread started.  It is doing it's final rise as I type this.  There is still a dessert to prepare for today, menus to make for the next week or two, 2 loads of laundry to do, empty the dishwasher and do a bit of work on the craftroom.  After I do all that, I will sit back and work on the squares and socks.

This coming Friday, hubby and I will be receiving our first Covid Vaccine injection.  We will be going at 1:30 Friday morning!  I made the appointment a couple of weeks ago.  The reason for the odd time is, I do not want to wait in a line for hours.  I don't think there will be a deluge of people waiting for an injection at that time of the night.  I know there are many who will not be getting the vaccine.  Everyone needs to make their own decision on this.  I want to be able to travel again, see my kids in Texas again, be able to use a dressing room at a store again, go to church and sit next to people again, receive hugs from friends again, have a social gathering at my house again, be able to visit Joe's mom without plexiglass separating us,  celebrate weddings, baptisms, funerals without number restricitons.......etc.  You get the picture.  

It is time to get off the computer and get going on the rest of my to do list.

Until Next Time...............................................Happy Crafting & Stay Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!



10 comments:

  1. How lovely your granddaughter is, so knit worthy. My niece told my mum (her grandmother) not to knit her anything, so I haven't either. So its lovely to hear you love knitting for her and she loves receiving them. :) Well done on the decluttering. I went through my cotton thread holder box this week and managed to find some cheaper cottons and some other bits that I managed to package in a little plastic box to drop off at the charity shop as a sewing kit. I looked at my 3 jars of buttons and have kept them all...no idea why but I think sometimes you need to keep some things 'just in case' lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rcr are beautiful, I can see why your daughter wants lots more! And your decluttering has gone really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like your Victorian Lace squares. That's going to make a beautiful blanket. Socks are so fun and those bright colors make them even more fun to wear. How about putting the buttons in a glass mason jar? Then they would be pretty to look at. I'm surprised you are getting rid of the knitting tote. Love all the compartments!! (Is that enabling?? ;) ) It is wonderful to have someone(s) that appreciate knitted items isn't it as we run out of needing another sweater or socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that you enjoy knitting socks and your daughter enjoys wearing them. Perfect! :) Your cast offs from your craft room are nice things someone else will be excited to come upon. I like to imagine that when I'm donating items. Poor Luna. I hope she gets to feeling better. And I hope you have a beautiful and productive week ahead, Marsha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you to be getting your vaccines. I don't think my hubby and I will be eligible until April for my dh and May/June for me. Your decluttering is really inspiring. I bet it feels GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy getting your your shot day!! loved the catch up and my did you do a big declutter of your craft room. So now you have more room for more stuff, ha ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to hear you are both eligible and getting your vaccines! My spouse got his 2nd vaccine at Walter Reed today! I'm looking forward to being able to get mine in the future (hopefully not too distant).

    Your crafting from last week is awesome. But the craftroom declutter is REALLY impressive! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your socks are great, no wonder your daughter wants more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn’t it lovely how wonderful our pet make our lives! Sweet dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, 1:30 am? That is certainly different. My parents got the first vaccination last week or so. My mama said there was no wait and it was all organized. My 90-something yo grandmother refuses to get the vaccination and says she'll be staying home from now on and doesn't need doctor appointments anymore. Still an old battle ax she is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.