YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, January 7, 2021

DAY OFF

 


Hubby and I took today off from decluttering.  We finished the 6 day challenge list in 2 days.  Next week we won't be so lucky, though.  I have dog/teen duty next week so only have the morning hours to work on the rest of the Master Bedroom.  Since we didn't have decluttering to do today, we started on cleaning the rest of the house.  Half was completed today and the rest will be completed tomorrow.  This leaves us the weekend to just enjoy life.

Yesterday I was talking about how I was working 2 rows of mosaic crochet at the same time.  I think I need to explain something first.  The Mosaic crochet I am doing are patterns by Tinna Thorudottir.  When doing this mosaic crochet, you never turn your work.  You always work on the right side of the fabric. (left to right if right handed or right to left if left handed)  Here is a photo of working the 2 rows at once.


You can see the light blue yarn on my hook.  The dark blue yarn is dormant at the moment.  Once I work the light blue within 1 stitch of the dark blue, I will start working with the dark blue again.

Here are both yarns off the hook.  I am getting ready to pick up the dark blue and work some more stitches with it and then will go back and work with the lighter blue.

I timed myself today to see if I really was saving any time.  I am actually saving 10 minutes by doing the two rows simultaneously.  When doing 12 rows in each section that is a BIG time saver.  That saves me 30 minutes per section.  

The Havana is getting so close to being finished.  I have 60 more rows to complete and then the twisted fringe to even up.  Do any of you get itchy when you get close to the end of a BIG project?  I am looking at my other 2 knitted WIP's deciding if I am going to complete them or frog them.  I am pretty sure, one of them will be frogged.  The other one is debatable as to what I will do with it.  The only other WIP's I have are cross stitch and I will save those for when the weather here gets too darn hot to have yarn on my lap.

Time to go and make some dinner for my dogs and us humans.

Until next time...................................................


6 comments:

  1. I am so excited to try my hand at Mosaic crochet. I think I mentioned that I have the yarn for the Queen blanket. Just trying to finish the blanket I am working on now. I picked the Queen blanket because it had a lot of videos to support folks who did this blanket during a CAL. I can crochet - basic crochet - but I wanted more support than written directions. I noticed that you are keeping your ends and plan to twist them as a fringe. In the Queen blanket the ends are enclosed into a crochet border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those bright colors especially when some days are ultra dreary. We lucked out with some sunshine yesterday though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I can see what you mean now. I'm surprised that it really does save that kind of time, but yes! - 30 minutes saved per section is huge. That is several hours by the time the whole blanket is done. So cool that you figured that out. I always get itchy to be done the closer I am to finishing any project - but especially a large one. Looking forward to seeing this one in all its fringed glory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh now I can see where a good chunk of time being saved will be the lack of the need to relocate the whole width of the blanket on your knee. I wonder could you do 3 at a time? Blogville is this wee community we have where we have made friends reading each others blogs. The decluttering challenge hit the bathroom today and I started on our landing cupboard which is bathroom overflow, accessories overflow and cleaning products and random things. I worked on it for hours and hours and could chuck out more but I think I've hit decision fatigue now and will have a rest tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh now I can see where a good chunk of time being saved will be the lack of the need to relocate the whole width of the blanket on your knee. I wonder could you do 3 at a time? Blogville is this wee community we have where we have made friends reading each others blogs. The decluttering challenge hit the bathroom today and I started on our landing cupboard which is bathroom overflow, accessories overflow and cleaning products and random things. I worked on it for hours and hours and could chuck out more but I think I've hit decision fatigue now and will have a rest tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So neat and intricate this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.