Monday, January 25, 2021



It must be Monday.  I had lots of energy today even though I only got 5 hours of sleep.  Last night, I got a text from my grand daughter telling me I did not need to come over today.  The only day she needs help is Tuesday and Wednesday.  Hubby is going to take care of Tuesday for me as I have an appointment for Enrique's rabies shots smack in the middle of the time she wanted me to come over.  That meant I had the day today to work some more on the house.  Here is what I did.

First, all the books from the family room went into the bookcases in the guest room.

Nice empty bookshelves in the family room.

All our books located in one place....finally.  Feels so good to have that done.

That took a couple of hours to complete.  While I was doing that, hubby started working on the office.  Since he was doing such a great job in there, I offered to go and do the weekly grocery shopping.  He was more than happy to let me do that little chore.

Good grief.............The parking lot at the grocery store was FULL!  Yet, there were not that many people inside of the store.  Strange.  I was able to get in and out in about half an hours time.  By the time I got home it was lunch time.  

After lunch, I got a text from our daughter letting me know she was not going to be coming to our side of town tonight.  We have had torrential rain all day yesterday and today.  Streets are flooding, people are driving like idiots and the winds are holding steady at 45 MPH.  Not good weather to be driving on the freeways.  I am glad she decided to cancel tonight's plans with us.  

That means, hubby and I will have LOTS of Italian beef to eat over the next few days.  Not to mention a lovely Nantucket Cranberry Cake I made from scratch.

This is the photo before I put it in the oven.  It is baking right now.  I have never tasted this cake before so am looking forward to trying it tonight after dinner.  Do you see the pink color on top?

It was my first time to use sanding sugar too.  It is not supposed to melt when cooked but just add a bit of pretty to the item it is sprinkled on.  

Here it is after baking.

Hopefully it tastes as good as it smells.

I was going to make a loaf of bread today, but ran out of time to do that.  I will probably do that tomorrow.  The beer has been sitting out for 24 hours.  That is good as it works better if the beer is flat.  There were other errands hubby wanted to do today but with it raining so hard all day long, he decided to put it off until later this week.  No need to go on the road with all the crazies.

Tonight, I will work on the RCR sock some more.

Since yesterday, I have added almost 40 rows to the sock.  Knitting in the round is the perfect TV knitting.  It goes fast too.

Tomorrow, I am going to start decluttering my craft room.  I will have 3 days this week to work on it and all next week to finish it.  I am looking forward to working in there.  It is my little slice of heaven and I love making it all nice and neat.  That gets my creative juices going.  I know there is quite a bit of 'stuff' in there that needs to leave this house.  Stay tuned for updates.

Until next time...........................................................................


  1. That cake looks good; what's the inside like? And sanding sugar on top? Interesting. I haven't tried a cake that uses that type of sugar. Glad you got to stay home. We're waiting for the storm here in the Bay Area; it's supposed to come in Tuesday afternoon/night.

  2. You know... anytime you want to show pictures of that fabulous stone-work fireplace, I'm happy to look at them. And how pretty are those bookshelves flanking it! What are you going to put in them now? :)


Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.