YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, January 10, 2021

WEEK 28 OF MY 10TH YEAR

 


Welcome back.  It is once again time for my week in review/update.

I am happy to report, I stayed totally monogamous to the Havana this week.


There were 60 rows completed this week.  That leaves 36 rows and the crocheting part will be completed.  Then it will be getting the twisted fringe evened out and whoosh......it will go to it's new home.  I am so glad I learned this technique.  One thing I would do differently is NOT use worsted weight yarn again.  DK would be a much better choice for one of these types of blankets.  The mosaic crochet makes a very dense fabric.   I do have another mosaic blanket I am going to make and this time I will be using all the DK yarn I already have in my stash.  Some of that yarn has been hanging around for YEARS.  It will be nice to stash bust my DK and then only purchase more when I have a project that calls for it.  

Before I start another blanket, I still have other WIP projects that need my attention.  (Two to be exact)  My daughter has also requested a pair of socks and said she would love a pair of the Rose City Rollers.  Those may get cast on very soon as I am needing a traveling project over the next week.  There is teen/dog watching happening this coming week and the Havana is not really portable at this point.  That will remain my after dinner/ TV watching project.  Hopefully I will be able to complete it by next Sunday's update.

Something got done this week that has not happened in quite a while.


I worked on and completed a puzzle.  It was nice to have something different to do.  This puzzle only took a few hours to complete as it was only 500 pieces.  Me thinks I will put another puzzle out this afternoon.  I love being able to just go and put a few pieces in at a time and then leave it for other ventures.

Hubby has been going to the grocery store for me over the past 2 weeks.  (Stupid shingles!)  I may decide to let him go more often.


These found their way home with him this week.  I love having flowers in the house.  They just brighten up any area they are put.  When we lived in PA, he would bring home flowers every week that he was in town.  (He traveled 2-3 weeks a month)  It was never expected so a nice gesture of love from him.

My shingles are basically gone.  They all scabbed over and most of that is gone too.  YIPPEE!  I was very fortunate to have caught them early and was put on an anti-viral drug to help with the process.  I don't seem to have any of the post-herpetic pain that is associated with shingles either.  Yes I was truly fortunate.

Today, I will be doing laundry and working on decluttering the Master Bedroom.  With me being gone several hours a day next week, I need to get a head start on some stuff.  I do not want to fall behind on the decluttering or I will never get caught up again.  There will also be menus made for the next 10 days, a grocery list made, and of course, working on the Havana.  I baked a loaf of bread yesterday, so that is done for the week.  I might make some type of sweets for us yet too.  We like just a little sweet thing after dinner in the evenings.  There are some new baking pans at my house that need to be used so why not make something sweet and yummy in them.

I hope all of you are having a great day.  

Until Next Time...................................Happy Crafting & Stay Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. good luck with your shingles, hope they let you be soon!
    I also love flowers in the house, that bunch is looking so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monogamous again? This is developing into a very bad habit. LOL. Your blanket looks great, I love your colour choices, so cheerful.
    And yay for the shingles being as good as gone, and here's hoping they'll never come back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO glad to hear you are not having the residual pain that can come with shingles! Sounds like you are almost done with the experience. Totally agree about worsted weight. Plus with us no longer living in the north in the winter, I just don't need anything worsted. On the positive side, it helps me resist pretty sweaters on Ravelry. I know I could get more projects done with worsted but that's not really my goal. The flowers are lovely. I only get flowers when they are marked down after Valentines Day. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your shingles are leaving!!! Your Havana is unbelievable! It's an amazing pattern! Your flowers are so pretty and the puzzle is cute! I'm behind on the de-cluttering but moving ahead on some other areas. I have to get my projects organized this week for sure! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting 60 rows done is a wonderful accomplishment! Yay! Glad you're on the healing track.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you did all those rows and a jigsaw puzzle! I’m impressed, I get totally addicted to jigsaws and struggle to go to bed so I gave my jigsaw board to charity. The “just 10 more pieces” can easily continue to 3am if someone isn’t there to usher me to bed. Great idea to use your DK stash for your next one and her patterns are so well suited for stash busting, have you seen her Facebook group galleries, some gorgeous examples of stash busting ones in there. Very glad to hear your recovery has gone so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure do love that blanket. And now I know why my Queen kit had DK yarn in it. A dense blanket. Crochet does provide a more dense fabric than knitting generally. I love the pattern, and yes, I enjoy doing a few pieces here or there and then doing something else. Love doing puzzles. I have 500, 1000 counts puzzle and one 2000 count puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a striking project! I love the bold colors. I have been cycling through three projects: a hat, a shawl and a sweater all for ME. It feels decadent :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You will be done with your Havana before you know it! So pretty!!! I'm taking note of your suggestion to use DK on this type of blanket. I've started a number of textured blankets only to realize the same thing and then end up finishing the thing before the pattern finishes because it's just too heavy or will be too large. Your last paragraph reminds me... a few minutes ago I was trying to decide what to have for supper tomorrow and what to take out of the freezer to thaw. I got sidetracked and started reading blogs instead. Me adopting your menu planning would solve my "easily distracted" problem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear you are on the mend - and yay for shopping husbands and flowers!! Your Havana is wonderful - and yes, I made mine in sport weight, and dk will be good too. I imagine worsted will be very very warm and heavy - which can be lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - your Havana is amazing. And a puzzle to boot as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.