YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, January 21, 2021

MAKING SPACE

 

Welcome back.  This was the last day for hubby and I to work in the guest room.  All the books, in that room, have been gone through and are now boxed up waiting to be donated.


There are 10 boxes of books and the total number of books is 407.  There is still a small bookcase in the office to go through.  I do not expect too many books to leave that case but you never know.  Once that one is done, I will be setting up the pick up from St Vincent de Paul.  We decided there was no reason to separate the books and will just give all of them to St Vincent's.  

Now that the guest room floor is cleared out, hubby and I moved the total gym into there.


It does not take up much room.  We are so worn out just from getting the room cleaned out and this item unboxed we decided to call it a day.  Tomorrow we will figure out all the configurations for it.

That is not all we did today.  We started out the morning by going to get our eyes checked out.  I am happy to say, my vision has not changed over the past year.  I still need to go back and get dilated as a precaution for the meds I am taking for my RA.  I will go back in 2 weeks for that procedure.  Hubby's vision has not changed either but he is going to get new glasses as the lenses on his current pair are 2 years old and pitted pretty bad.  My lenses are still in great shape so I will just continue with what I have now.

From the optometrist office we went to Sam's club and picked up some pineapple, carrots and beer.  LOL  Priorities, right?  After that we headed to Albertson's to pick up cottage cheese, string cheese, Andouille sausage and these:


Some gorgeous pink tulips.  Don't they just scream SPRING?  I know they won't live long but they made me happy and were on sale.  

We are now watching the evening news.  Tonight's dinner will be Chicken Enchilada Soup.  I will make it in the Ninja Foodi as it only takes about 20 minutes to cook that way.  I think hubby has really enjoyed the fact we have been having homemade meals everyday.  I know I have enjoyed trying out new recipes each week.  Tonight's meal is a recipe I have had for some time but never made.  It has been a gray day here with a bit of rain so soup sounds good.

Speaking of soup..................I did not make tomato soup last night.  The box with the total gym was sitting in front of my sauce pan cabinet.  Rather than moving the 100 pound item, I just made grilled cheese.  We were perfectly happy with that.

This is my last post for this week.  I will be back on Sunday with my crafting post and any other 'newsy' stuff.

Until next time....................................................................

3 comments:

  1. now that is a lot of books! I bet you are so pleased with how much you cleared out of that room. So nice you both passed the eye exams and are both okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I have not been by to see all your progress but 407 books and 10 boxes? YOu deserve and award! I've been cleaning and clearing out but no drawers or cupboards. Your new exercise machine looks great and it doesn't take up much room. Enchilada soup sounds good. I can't wait to hear about your gym!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful tulips. I saw some at TJ's today and was tempted but naughty Minnie likes to mess with flowers. My dad used to have the original Total Gym; he passed it onto my uncle. I used to use it too when I lived at home, LOL. It gives a good workout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.