YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

MAKING SPACE

 


Hubby and I took apart the Master Bathroom today.  Luckily for us, it is not a large area.  It consists of 3 drawers and 3 under vanity cabinets.  We did manage to clean out one 13 gallon bag of trash.  There was not much in there to donate so will hang onto the few items until we do the Master Bedroom next week.  We completed a 6 day assignment in 2 days!  I do not expect this to be the rule for the remainder of this challenge.  There are some rooms that will take the entire 6 days.  (craft room)

Since it did not take to long to complete that assignment, I was able to do a load of laundry, water the plants, wind the clock, empty the dishwasher and feed Arthur.  Once I post this, I will be working on my Havana.

Speaking of the Havana......Those of you who have done mosaic crochet........have you ever done 2 rows at the same time?  I just discovered how to do that last night.  It sure makes it go much quicker.  I actually might get this thing done before the end of the month!

How do I do it?  I start one row and go about 50 stitches and then go back and start the next row and work until I catch up to the first row I started.  Does that make sense?  I will try and get some photos of it today when I am working on it and post them tomorrow if you want to see them.

Time to go and hang up the laundry.

Until next time.................................................

2 comments:

  1. When I made a mistake on my Havana I had to undo a few rows and redo them and worked the top few rows at the same time once the mistake had been fixed. I'm not sure I'd do a whole blanket that way and I wonder if it is a trick of the mind it seems quicker. My spare room now has soooooo many bags to be donated but everything is closed down for our latest lockdown. I also have moved some undecided 'not sure where it should live eventually' items into the craft room so that'll be fun when I start on that room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious what this actually looks like (working two rows at a time) and how it's faster. I believe you, I just can't picture how that is so. Congrats on more clearing out. I may start back up next week. This week saw cataract surgery for hubs and he's already seeing better. OTOH, it was a bit of a bust for me in terms of productivity. I don't know why. I didn't even have to take him. My mind is just on other things...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.