YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Making Space


 

After yesterday's detour, hubby and I were able to focus on our 91 day organization challenge.  This week is the Master Closet and the Master Bath.  The idea is to pull everything out and sort out what is needed and what needs to leave your space.  Cleaning and remodeling is not part of this challenge.  There is a deep cleaning challenge later in the year though.

Today, hubby and I focused on our closets.  Since I had gone through mine just a few months ago, I really did not have too much more to remove.  Don't get me wrong, there were still items in there that got removed for good, just not as much as hubby had on his side.

Here is a quick snap of what was removed between both of our closets.


Amazing right?  Do you see Enrique at the head of the bed?  No, he was not given away.  He was a bit nervous though.  I was waiting to see if we would bring out a suitcase in preparations of a trip.  He is much happier now that there was not a suitcase involved today.

Hubby just left with four 33 gallon bags and 5 boxes of items to be donated as well as 3 kitchen sized garbage bags of trash.  Whoosh....out of the house so we are not tempted to pull anything out of it.

Here are the after photos.


My finished closet.  So happy to have it totally organized and easy to find what I want.


Hubby's closet.  I am so proud of him.  Although, I do think he could have reduced his number of daily pants and shorts.  Maybe he will as we go along on this journey.

The master closet was scheduled for 4 days.  So glad we got it done in 1 day. I am looking forward to doing the master bath tomorrow.  I know there are things stuck in our cabinets that need to find a new home (probably the trash can).  It will be nice to have it 100% organized too.  

Now, I can sit down and work on the Havana....................again.......................still!  When I finish this long term project y'all will know without me having to post about it.  I will be screaming so loud, even those of you across the pond will be able to hear it.

Until next time............................................................



4 comments:

  1. Wowee! That is impressive. What you removed and how beautiful and clear your closets look! I missed Enrique at first. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIG WOW!!

    When we were preparing to move 5 years ago - and we were downsizing, we had days like that. That time of big discards is past now - when I get rid of stuff it fills maybe a 13 gallon kitchen trash bag. And I did miss Enrique! That was too funny! He must have been way confused about what you were doing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa. That is a lot of organizing! I love the photos you took to show us the process and the progress. Now you have room for more clothes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still waiting for the husband to clean out his side of the closet...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.