YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, January 4, 2021

We Interrupt This Program......

 


Today was to be day 1 of the 91 day declutter challenge.  Hrumph.....That didn't happen.  

This day was the day to clean out the master closet of clothes that no longer are needed/wanted/fit.  I was really looking forward to doing that little chore.  I already knew what I wanted to cull out of there.  Hubby was on board with doing his closet too.  

What did we do instead?  We took down Christmas.  Hubby did the outdoors decorations and I did the inside decorations.  While we were taking things down, I made several decisions of what I wanted to keep for the future and what I was going to donate.  So, in all actuality, I did do some decluttering today.  It felt so good to reduce our storage boxes by four.  We also disposed of our flocked Christmas tree.  It was a hot mess to deal with.  Never will we have a flocked tree again.  Total time to undecorate was about 4 hours.  

Tomorrow, hubby and I will do double duty on the decluttering.  I am not thinking it will take much time.  I had gone through my closet in October and removed quite a few items then.  Hubby, on the other hand, has not gone through his closet in quite some time.  So, I am sure he will take much longer than I will.

While we were undecorating I baked a loaf of sourdough sandwich bread.  As I am writing this, I have a pan of corn bread in the oven.  It will go with our ham and beans that we are having for dinner tonight.  My house smells so good right now.

Corn bread is done!  Now I am going to take a little down time and work on the Havana blanket until it is time to put the beans and ham bone in the Ninja Foodi, to cook.

Until next time.....................................................

4 comments:

  1. I am just amazed at what all you get done, Marsha. I can either clean/declutter or cook. I don't seem to be able to do both on the same day anymore. That's my tell myself, anyway. Though, I did take a nice walk, grocery shop and cook supper today so I guess I can manage more than one thing... It was a good day here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Becki. You get so much done. Done feel bad with yourself that you missed Day 1 of your challenge. With your energy and focus you can catch up - no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my husband would get on board. We heard on TV today the average man has 17 socks, he thought they said 70...he probably has nearly 70 pairs. He gets stressed over decisions and always thinks things will come in handy one day. Hey ho, just doing my bits is having an impact. I have lots and lots of bin bags full already with stuff to go to charity when we come out of the total lockdown we are back in,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to put away some Christmas decorations, but they fill my mantle so nicely and thankfully there's no tree and ornaments to deal with this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.