YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, January 11, 2021

MAKING SPACE WEEK 2

 


Good golly!  It is Monday and I got a message last night informing me I did not need to dog/teen watch today.  That meant I had all day to do a few items I was not able to complete yesterday.

Waking up at 5am was a big plus for me.  By 8 in the morning, I was showered, dressed and heading out the door to pick up the 6 items needed from the grocery store.  It was nice to get in and out of there in less than 30 minutes. 

When I got home, hubby was already working on decluttering his side of the dresser and his side of the headboard of our bead.  I was totally impressed.  He had a few things he did not know whether he should dump or keep and I only kept one item on that list.  It was a jewelry box by dad bought in Japan during WWII.  I just did not have the heart to get rid of it.  (Sigh) At least, not this time.  While hubby finished up his area, I dumped everything out of our cedar chest.  All that went back into it was 1 set of sheets.  Five sets of king sized sheets were given away to Goodwill and one set of brand new flannel sheets is going to my son and his wife.


The box is holding all of our 'dust collectors'.  We had so many little knick knacks sitting around in our room.  This will make hubby's job of dusting go much quicker now.  The blue Rubbermaid hamper is full with all the purses I am donating.  I only kept 2 everyday purses, 1 clear purse (They are require here for concerts and ball games), and 1 evening bag.  


These bags are full of clothes from both hubby and myself.  We both agreed it was shameful at the amount of items we had that could be used by others.  Remember, we had cleaned out our closets last week so these bags are separate from those clothes that left the house.

The only item not shown is a pair of crutches I used about 15 years ago when I had foot surgery.  They were so dusty, I had to take them outside to clean them off and I still sneezed while doing it.  

That completes the challenge for week 2.  I know we are way ahead and that is ok with me.  I know we will slow down in a couple of weeks when we are called to do the craft room and hubby will be working on his 'shop' that week.

We will continue to follow the schedule as far as what room is next to work on.  Next room to be decluttered is Kitchen and Pantry.  This is one room I love to organize.  Since the pandemic hit, I have been doing so much more cooking and baking.  That means I have been adding items to my kitchen to enhance my baking and cooking skills.  With my daughter selling Pampered Chef and my dear friend introducing me to King Arthur Flour company, my kitchenware has really expanded.  I have also been learning how to make 99% of baked goods from scratch.  And in that learning experience, I have learned how to substitute honey for sugar and how to add healthy items to baked goods to enhance them.  (Flax seed, chia seeds and wheat bran)  I have also learned how to use my pressure cooker to make healthy meals for us as well as my air fryer to replace 'fried' foods.  

The only thing I have not added to, since the pandemic hit, is my yarn stash!  Aren't you proud of me?

Do any of you find you have been adding to any of your kitchen or craft items since the pandemic hit?  Have any of you learned any new skills in that time frame?  

Until next time..............................................................

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I started on week 3 today as the bedroom was finished on Sunday (when my husband chucked out some things woo hoo!). My fridges and freezers are sorted, cleaned and I’ve made lists and a meal plan. Worst thing I found was best before 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are having great success in this decluttering effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing a great job! I have reverted to my own method which is I need to clean and clean up first. I am dealing with anything I run across but I'm more in a cleaning and clearing mode. When I get the whole house including the basement and garage "cleaned up" and neat then I will start digging into the de-cluttering.
    You've learned a lot with your baking and I am going the opposite way...I am starting to focus on my "future" move and so I have stopped doing a lot of my "homemade" items in order to leave time for my priorities of the moment. Either way it is nice to see others doing housework...I don't feel so alone then! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. when I baby sat I loved when I got an unexpected day off, it felt like a snow day! I love how much progress you've made with the decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to sort out our hall closet which is tiny. I'd like to also see which sheet sets the girls don't want anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.