YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, January 17, 2021

WEEK 29

 


Happy Sunday to y'all.  How has your week been?  What have you done this past week?  Did anything fun and exciting happen?  

I am a bit disappointed this week.  There were high hopes the Havana would have been finished other than the twisted fringe.  It didn't happen.  Havana is REALLY close to being completed.


There are 8 more rows to be crocheted yet.  There were only 28 rows put on it this week.  Quite a poor amount compared to the 60 rows completed last week.  

This is the reason why Havana is not yet completed.



Sir Thorbert demanded my presence this week, at his home.  Havana is just too darn big to drag anywhere.  Thor told me he would be fine with me bringing it over to his place.  He would love to cuddle up in it.  

Do you know what happens when you need to find a portable project?  You start a pair of Rose City Roller socks.



The daughter asked if I would be so kind as to make her more socks.  She liked the RCR socks I showed her.  She picked out the yarn from my stash.  Working on these is a joy because of the striping.  It is so bright and cheery.  The yarn is Hobby Lobby's Cozy Toes.  It is wool free and has a wonderful stretch to it.  It is very close to my favorite yarn, Diversity (which is being discontinued).

The other reason the blanket is not done is, hubby and I are doing the 91 day declutter challenge.  It has been quite a bit of fun to see so much 'stuff' leaving our home.  We have actually completed 4 weeks of the challenge in the past 2 weeks.  There are 2 reasons we have gotten so much done.  
1.  We are doing it together
2.  The rooms we have done, I pretty much did in October for the 30 day challenge.
This coming week we will be going into a room I have not done anything to in years.  It is our guest room and is kind of a catch all room for when we don't know where to put something.  This is also the room that has two 6 foot tall bookcases filled with religious books.  We finally found a place that will take these books and make sure they get into hands of others who may need them.  St Vincent de Paul will take any religious articles and redistribute them.  We had tried our local Catholic University, a home for young men coming into the priesthood, our parish, and our diocese.  No one had room.  We were starting to feel like Mary and Joseph looking for a place to stay during the census.  (Luke 2: 6-7)  Now that a place has been found to take these books, it will be much easier to get our personal library under control.

This week also saw some lovely items arrive in the mail.  First up..............more DPN's.


This is the case the Signature DPN's come in.  I have combined all of them together as well as added a stitch marker to the tube.  This way, they can not fly around and get lost again.  These are the only Signature DPN's I own and are strictly my sock knitting needles.  Any other 'small' knitting in the round projects are done using the magic loop method on 1 circular.

My other mail treasure this week was this.


A row counter that goes on the needle.  I got this from Knitty Gnat on etsy.  She lives in South Dakota.  It was amazing as to how quickly this got to me.  I ordered it on the 13th and it arrived on the 16th.  Not too bad for the United States Postal Service.  The reason this one was the one I choose from the hundreds of them on Etsy was:



The llama!  And not just the llama, but the fact I got to choose what color beads I wanted to have on it.  Purple just happened to be one of the colors she offered.  There will no longer be missed counting of rows.  I am so bad at remembering to make a mark or tap the app on my phone after each row.  Since this sits on the needle in the middle of the knitting you kind of need to move it each row you knit.

That is all from this past week.  This coming week hubby and I have eye appointments.  There will also be that decluttering going on.  Today, there will be no decluttering.  It is our 'rest' day.  Instead, I will be doing laundry, making menus, making a grocery list, clipping doggy toenails, and crocheting the last 8 rows of the Havana.  There might even be time in there to take a little walk around the neighborhood.  Our weather is gorgeous right now and I need to take advantage of it.  

Until Next Time..........................................Happy Crafting & Stay Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Thor has grown into a handsome dog hasn’t he. That’s great you’ve found a home for a good proportion of your books, that gives you a nice head start on decision making. I need to tackle the rest of our kitchen this week and given I’ve done no laundry for ages I’m not sure I will get further than the kitchen/dining room as it’s one long room. I have to avoid getting distracted by ingredients 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE my very similar row counter. I have 3. Thanks for sharing this site. I'm a little disappointed in mine as this week one of the row counters broke at #4. I think your etsy shop uses thicker wire for the loops and thus would be less likely to break. Thankfully I had just ordered the 3rd one so now I'm back down to 2 counters. I will check out the site your suggested.

    Glad to hear the decluttering is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No football? LOL! Good for you guys with the de-cluttering! I'm so glad you found a place for your books. The Havana is gorgeous and I can't believe you're almost done! The RCR socks are so cute in that stripe....great colors! Thor is really looking grown up. Your row counter is very cute.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decluttering is truly inspiring, Marsha. And that row counter is a great design. I do wonder though... do you put your needle through the chain just before a number or just after when you begin each row? If there isn't only one way to do it, I'm afraid I'd still forget where I was - every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eight rows of the Havana is better than no rows!

    Sometimes when my main project gets too big, I start a portable one. Just like you did with your rose city roller project! Very awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that row counter. I might just need to look up that gadget.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, I love the row counter llama deal :) I haven't started yet but one day my husband and I will be going through the rooms, until then I will admire your work. Congrats on finding who will take the books - lucky them. Your blanket will be finished in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that row counter is neat! Llove the llama. And I'm kind of glad you're not done with your Havana yet, selfishly. I want to see more of it for longer because I love those bright colors and the great contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, spending time with Thor certainly beats finishing the blanket. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on the decluttering front - yay for you and hubby tackling it together. Love the llama and row counter. very sweet. And oh my that doggies face. I wouldn't get any work done with him around - I would just want to stare into his lovely eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.