YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

ROUND TUIT

Finally Writing Round Tuit Letters | AnchoredScraps.com


How many times have I said this......When I get 'round tuit.  Well, today is the day I finally got 'round tuit on a much needed decluttering/cleaning project.  I have been putting it off since the death of my mom.  There was always some crazy excuse.  Today, the excuses ran out.  Here is what I am doing.


This tub was overflowing when I started to get 'round tuit.


This tub is now being worked on.


First bag of trash from the first tub.


There are going to be some very surprised people very soon.  Each of these stacks goes to a different person.  There are 9 stacks.  Once I have gone through all the photos, I will be finding boxes and envelopes to put everyone's photos in and then they are going to be mailed to them.  The tubs took up room under my sewing machine for about 2 years.  Then I moved them to the guest room closet for the past year.  I figured if I couldn't see them, they didn't exist.  

You might wonder why there is such a large bag of trash from photos.  Let me explain this.  Four of the 9 people have had more than one marriage.  All of those marriages did not end on very friendly terms.  Rather than hanging onto unhappy memories, they are being tossed out with the trash.  Also, there are quite a few photos of people no longer living that bring back some unhappy memories.  Those too are being cleared out.  For the most part, going through the photos brought a big smile to my face.  So many memories of good times.

I should be able to finish it up tomorrow.  I spent 3 hours on it today and figure I have another 2 hours to go.  It will be nice to have that completed.  Once the photos are sent to their respective owners, it then becomes their issue.  

Other than that, I really have not done too much else today.  Hubby when to Costco and Sam's today to pick up the few bulk items we needed.  I still need to vacuum seal up some lunch meat and ground beef.  I am putting that on the to do list for tomorrow.  For the rest of the day I am going to work on some stitchery and knitting.  

Do you have any 'round tuit' items in your house?  

Until next time......................happy crafting & stay well!

5 comments:

  1. That's quite a job. And there will, undoubtedly be some pleasantly suprised folks receiving these soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you always get so much done ! Yes I have plenty of Round Tuit projects in My future. Getting to them well that's a different tale. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes - I did a clean out just last night of some of my yarn. There is yarn in that yarn room that I will never use. Time to give it to charity and let someone else love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have one of those "round tuit"s. I have no idea what happened to it. It could still be here for all I know. I have been finding a lot of things! I too found some pictures I went through and sent a bunch off to my daughter yesterday. I have many more bins like that with mostly paperwork. It does take hours to go through that stuff and I have put them off also. But every once in a while I go through one. Keep up the good work and yes, be sur eand reward yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smart thinking on how to organize those photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.