YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Here I Am!

Fraser Muggeridge studio: Tom Odell - Here I Am, Columbia/Sony ...

Hi there.  Whatcha doin'?  It has been very busy at my Casa today.  How about you?

Waking up to an alarm is not my idea of fun.  The alarm was set for 6am.  Because I am slightly OCD, I woke up quite a bit all night long in fear of missing the alarm.  At 5:30, I finally decided to get up and start my day.  (I turned off the alarm too).  I fed the dogs, took a shower and headed out of the house by 6:35 to go and have fasting blood work done.  (Also not my favorite thing to do first thing in the morning).

My new Doctor wanted blood work pulled just because I am new and he wanted a baseline for his own records.  Wow, how exciting.  I get to have another blood draw next month for my rheumatologist.  Naturally, they did not want the same tests!  I will say, the person stabbing me with the needle was EXCELLENT!  I never felt a thing.  Actually, getting blood work done has never bothered me.  When I was on my other RA meds, I had to have it done every 3 months.  That went on for almost 20 years!  

After the vampire finished with me, I stopped and filled my car with gas and picked up the last few items for this weeks groceries.  I managed to complete the shopping list other than parchment paper.  Lucky for me, hubby was getting pool water tested and said he would stop by Walmart and pick it up for me.  That takes care of this weeks shopping. 

Just so y'all know..............................YES, we are wearing masks when we are out in public.  I just wish more people would do the same.  Me wearing a mask does nothing other than to protect others from my germs.  Seems like it should protect me but who am I to question it.  I am just trying to be considerate of others who may have a worse immune system than I do.  NO!!!!!!!  I do not feel it is infringing on my rights to do this.  After being in the medical field for over 45 years, I get it!  OK, getting off the soap box now.

The Rainbow Soapbox | The View Through My Cracked Window

When I got home from my adventures I started a loaf of bread in the bread machine.  I am craving a sandwich and we have been out of bread for almost 2 weeks!  I have been quite lax in that area lately.  The dishwasher got emptied, counter tops got a good cleaning, The air fryer got washed and put away, dishcloth # 2 got a bit of love, towels are in the washing machine and now I think it is time for lunch!  (the bread is almost cool enough to slice)

Tonight we are doing beer brats.  While going through the freezer to take stock of what we had, I came across quite a few items I forgot we had.  Brats was one of those items.  Hubby will make them on his wood pellet barbecue.  Yum!  All that good wood flavor with the beer.  So looking forward to it.

My hands feel much better today.  I am lucky, when I have a flare in my RA, it usually only lasts for about 24 hours.  Silver linings everywhere!

Time to have some lunch and then my laundry should be done.

Until next time..................happy crafting & stay well!


2 comments:

  1. Glad your hands are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped taking NSAIDS (kidney issues) and am only on Methotrexate but I wonder how much longer that can be sustained. I see my RA doc in August and I'll be bringing this up. So far I haven't had any issues without pain meds (fingers crossed it continues). Everyone here has to wear a mask inside a building.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.