YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, May 11, 2020

Monday News

Practical English: Greetings and Goodbyes – Espresso English

WOW!  What a weekend!  Nothing got done around my house.......nothing at all!  I don't know what happened to Saturday.  It seemed to just kind of fly by.  Sunday, we watched Mass on TV and then were able to drive to the church to receive communion.  They really had it arranged perfectly so no one was anywhere near anyone else.  You went in one door and exited another door.  Father did a great job of laying it out.  They also gave roses to each mom there. 
This is the one I choose.  I love yellow roses.

After lunch we went to our son's house for some Mother Day celebration.  I need to show you my Grand Daughter's hair.


Yes, you see blue in her hair.  At one time it was purple, blue and green ombre.  Most of it has washed out and just a bit of the blue still remains.  Hopefully it will all be washed out before the fall starts as her school does not allow unnatural hair colors.  

They also presented me with some lovely flowers.

A most unusual design.  I love it!  My son cooked burgers and dogs for dinner and it was nice to just sit and relax for a few hours.  

My grand daughter thought I might be running out of things to read so........................


She added some things to my library.  I very much enjoy reading books she has read.  Even though some of them are for young adults, I find it good to keep tabs of what she is filling her mind with.  I won't be running out of books anytime soon LOL.

Today, I am playing catch up.  The third load of laundry is in the washer and I could easily do 1-2 more loads yet today.  Not sure if I will or not.  The dishwasher has been emptied and refilled.  My sourdough starter was been dumped and I am trying it one more time.  This time I am using spelt flour for the starter.  I have quite a bit of spelt flour and since it has more whole grains in it..................it was suggested to try it.  I am also weighting my ingredients instead of using measuring spoons.  This was also suggested to me.  The third different thing I am doing is using a different recipe book for my starter.  The recipe book written by my high school friend has failed me 3 times now.  If this one works, I will name the starter after this author!

It is just about time for lunch.  After that, I am going to do a bit of crafting.  Not sure which one yet.  I will let you know tomorrow.

Until next time.......................happy crafting & stay well!


4 comments:

  1. So glad you got to take communion and get together with your family for Mother's Day. Lovely rose and flowers! I have to do laundry today. It is raining and supposed to rain all week just about so I'm glad I got the yard mowed yesterday. I need to make my menu and grocery list and order. I love that pile of books your granddaughter gave you. I love YA books. I think her hair is pretty and why does it bother the school if they color their hair? It doesn't harm anyone and teenagers need to express themselves. It's part of growing up and finding themselves. Like parents, I think they need to pick their battles and that one is silly. There are more serious ones they should concentrate on like bullying etc. Sorry, but coloring your hair is harmless. I colored my hair in high school (blonde)and little old ladies have blue hair! LOL! I rest my case.
    So sorry about your sourdough. Farmhouse on Boone (on my sidebar) is the recipe I used and I had great success with it and it was even with wheat flour. She has all kinds of recipes to use with it too. You've got me wanting to make some more as the flavor can't be beat! I loved the pancakes made with it.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some beautiful flowers! And what an interesting arrangement. That's really sweet that your granddaughter gathered some books for you to read. I discovered some interesting books when my teen sons made recommendations. Our church is going to try starting to meet in two weeks. We will be waiting to join them as DH is waiting for knee surgery and we will continue to try to not get the virus until that is behind him. I can't imagine normal this side of a vaccine, but it's kind of pointless to try to see beyond Dh's knee surgery anyway - anything could happen with the virus as everything starts opening up again. Business opening up again is necessary, and I want to see it happening, but I think the social distancing will start feeling more lonely as the rest of the world moves on without us (speaking for many who will need to continue to social (or physical distance) for a while longer. I'm not looking forward to summer... I guess the solution is to try to stay focussed on today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! What a nice weekend ! I love yellow roses also ! Yum again to everyone making these fabulous breads. The grandfather's hair is cute. We're all wondering when the schools will open. Not too soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice Mother's day you had. What an efficient church to think up a physical distancing method. Love your granddaughter's hair; at times I'm tempted to dye my own since we're home with this shelter-in-place. I love that I'm able to grow it out now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.