YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, September 7, 2020

Labor Day


Happy Labor Day for those of you in the USA.  Have you done anything fun today?  Hubby and I have stayed home (as usual).  He watch the FedEx cup golf tournament (Congrats to Dustin Johnson).  I did 3 loads of laundry, did water aerobics (that was more fun than work) and have been working on a couple of my crafting projects.

Since I am going to be occupied for most of the rest of the week, I wanted to get things arranged so hubby would not need to worry about any of my 'chores'.  I even have meals planned that will not take much time to make when I get home in the evenings.  Hubby is a great cook but I actually like to cook our meals.

My son and his family came by yesterday afternoon and we worked out this weeks schedule for teenager duty and dog duty.  The teen has so many things happening that is different this year because of the hybrid school learning.  I actually have an entire page filled out with dates and times of where I need to be.

Crazy, right?  But if I didn't do this, I would never have remembered everything.

Guess what I did last night?  I started 2 new projects!  Can you believe that?  I was in my craftroom altering the dog's baby t-shirts and saw a couple of bagged up skeins of yarn.  I have them bagged as I wanted to find a pattern to go with each of them.  Well.........what would it hurt to take a little look at the patterns I had sitting right there next to me.  Oh My!  I found a shawl pattern to use with my Cascade Sorata baby llama/silk yarn.  It is one I have done before and have worn it quite a bit.  It is no longer available as the designer has pulled it off the market.  In fact, I had test knit it for the designer.  It is Fodhla by Ruth McKeon (Celtic Knitter)  Some of you may remember her.  She was in the YOP group for several years.

The other project I started is a counted cross stitch.

I love doing lettering.  This is a very small item so should not take a huge amount of time to complete.  (I hope)

Hubby and I will be having our left over green chili pork tonight for dinner.  It was really yummy albeit very spicy hot.  

That is all from this part of the world.  I pray, those of you being affected by the fires that are burning are safe.  I know the smoke is really bad for several of my family and friends.  We are even being affected here in Arizona by the California fires.  Rain is very much needed!!!

Until next time.......................happy crafting & stay safe & well!
 

4 comments:

  1. You do have a busy week ahead - and you are so organized. They say if you want to get something done ask someone who's busy. Sounds counter-intuitive, but I know I'm my most efficient and productive when I'm busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Becki, you could give classes in how to be organized! Yes, whatever happened to Ruth. I followed her blog for years and she used to have pictures of the children and she had her last baby, Charlotte and then all of a sudden she went "pro" and that was the last I heard of her. I thought we were friends and I really missed her. That's the only thing about bloggers...sometimes they just disappear and you don't have a clue as to what happened to them. I plan On leaving instructions for my daughter to put a post out on my blog when I leave this planet. Your new shawl sounds great and your cross stitch is so sweet so far.
    Yes, it's terrible about the fires and the smoke. There is so much to pray about nowadays I can barely keep up! I wish you well in your busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic that you started some new projects, why not? I can't wait to hear of your escapades with the teen and how tired you will be from the busyness!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss cross stitch. I need to finish off my last one before I start another.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.