YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, September 28, 2020

Birth Certificate




Have you ever tried to order a certified copy of a birth certificate?  Let me just say...........it is a royal pain in the neck.  We are in need of one for a family member.  I have been working on it for the past hour and still have not completed it.  They are asking for so much information to make sure you are who you say you are.  I get it.............with all the identity theft these days, you can't be too careful.  So now we are scanning documents and uploading them and praying we have everything that is needed.

COVID has made this process harder.  Our department of vital records is not open to the public and they have made us go through a third party to order this document.  That entails a higher cost to us too.  Not only do we need to pay for the certificate but now we need to pay for the shipping and the handling from the third party company.  Not to mention, we need this certificate ASAP.  In order to get it in a reasonable time frame there is (of course) another charge for expediated processing.  

I think I will go and play with some yarn.

Until next time.................happy crafting & stay well! 

4 comments:

  1. Here it costs a lot of moola to order via online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long time since we've ordered birth certificates and I know it wasn't too much of a hassle when we did it. This makes me want to double check that we have some extras around still. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good grief! That sounds like a pickle. I did have to get my birth certificate about 11 years ago and it wasn't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did request on eyears ago but it didn't seem that difficult back in "the old days". LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.