YOP LIST 2023-2024

Friday, February 7, 2020

SHORT NIGHT

Image result for sleepy

It was a short night of sleep, last night.  Bedtime was 2AM this morning and I woke up at 7AM.  Yup a very short night.  Yet, I feel quite well rested.  At the moment.

The reason I was so 'late' going to bed was because of this:


The local Grand Daughter requested a slouch hat to wear as she is working backstage at her school's play.  Since she has light blonde hair, she is easy to spot in the dark, while she is doing scenery changes.  She is hoping this will help make her a bit less noticeable.  I will let you know if it works.  Hubby and I are going to the play tonight.   Tune in Sunday and I will give you the pattern info on this.  The hat took exactly 12 hours to make which included breaks for dinner, phone calls and bathroom breaks.

I did make it to the Prayer Shawl group yesterday.  It was so nice to get back there.  I really had missed the ladies there.  After the group was over, I headed to Hobby Lobby to get the yarn for the above hat.  Never fails, I find a project and I do not have the yarn for it.  Lucky for me, Hobby Lobby has ALL their yarn on sale for 30% off.  I was a good girl though, I only bought what I needed and nothing more.

Today will be a pretty quiet day.  There are plants to water, an orchid to transplant, my antique clock to wind, and of course, some knitting to do.  There could me a power nap in there somewhere so I do not fall asleep at the play tonight.

Do you have any special plans for today?

Until next time..............happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I understand the marathon knitting. Done that beanie in a day long ago. Dunno if the owner still has it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marsha :)) That slouch hat is great, wow 12 hours...it's interesting to me that you wrote how long it took with breaks. When I used to knit (darn sore fingers) I sometimes figured I could whip out a pair of mittens in an hour...but it takes me a lot longer to knit because I need to just concentrate on that or I make mistakes often. I'm sure you're quicker than me! I think your granddaughter will really like it!

    We are in the middle of a blizzard, high winds...I hope the power stays on. We had an early dinner just in case! Otherwise, I'm just focused on art this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hat - for its intended purpose and for general wearing. Looking forward to your report!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.