YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Kitchen Day Two

Image result for baking

Oh my goodness.  Today saw me doing quite a bit in the kitchen again.  Actually, I enjoy baking and cooking.  Cleaning up my mess, not so much.  Don't worry, my kitchen gets cleaned each time I am finished cooking. (Usually)

Before I started my kitchen fun, I headed out to get my haircut.  It grew quite a bit in the last 4 weeks. My beautician said it must be from all the rain we have had.  (She was kidding......I think) There is something I am noticing each time I get it cut.  It is getting grayer and grayer.  My normal hair color is brunette with red undertones.  Not so much anymore.



I stopped dying my hair about 7 years ago.  It was just barely turning gray at that point.  My mom did not turn totally gray/white until she was about 75-80.  I have 10 more years, maybe.  I wish it would all turn and be over with it.  My mother in law always asks me where I go to get the highlights in my hair.  I keep telling her God does it free of charge.  

Once I returned home I decided to make some banana bread from a, new to me, recipe I saw on facebook.  Here is the recipe:

Healthy Banana Bread Recipe

Ingredients

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar free applesauce
3/4 cup honey
2 eggs, beaten
3 mashed overripe bananas

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce and honey. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack

I pulled it out of the oven about 15 minutes ago.  Here is what it looks like. (My house smells super yummy)


The only thing different I did was add some cinnamon to the batter.  We love cinnamon in our sweet breads.  We will probably have a slice of this tonight for dessert.  Tomorrow, I will let you know if it was yummy or not.

The other thing that happened in the kitchen was the making of overnight breakfast oats.  Sam talked about making them on her blog this past Sunday.  Here is the recipe I used for mine.


I like to up the game on mine a bit so here is what I also put into mine.


I have one with blueberries and one with blackberries.  Also, I use 2% milk instead of almond milk as 2% is not as thick as almond milk and with the chia seeds I wanted it a bit thinner.  Those chia seeds thicken things up pretty good.  The other thing I use is pure maple syrup (1Tblsp).  I find it not as sweet as honey.  Once again, tune in tomorrow to find out if it is a keeper of a recipe or not.  This is the first time I have used greek yogurt in my oats.  But what a great source of extra nutrients.

The kitchen is all cleaned up now.  It is time for me to put on my audio book and go and do some cardio.  After that, it will be time to work on the baby blanket again.  It is over half done now.  I am 99% certain I will need one more skein of the yarn.  Panic has not set in quite yet.  That is scheduled to happen once the last skein of yarn is being used on the blanket.

We have plenty of Carne Asada left over from last night so there will be no need to cook tonight.  That is nice since hubby teaches a class tonight.  That gives me a couple of hours of uninterrupted crafting time.  

What have you been up to today?

Until next time..............happy crafting!




4 comments:

  1. Your hair color is lovely! Mine is more salt and pepper. I love the healthy banana bread recipe, thank you! I'm supposed to stay away from milk products (easier said than done) so I don't add yogurt to my overnight oats but the rest is the same pretty much. I forgot the sliced almonds last time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom had beautiful gray hair! I do not color my hair and I have bits of gray but I think I will be more like my dad with minimal gray hairs into the 70's. Maybe! I wish I enjoyed being in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The comment about how you got your highlights had me cracking up ! I love silver hair and my sister who is almost 3 years younger than me has that silver/white hair. It's long and fluffy and I just think it's unfair. I should have that hair but instead mine is only grey around the edges. Ugh ! Lol ! I am a baker also and though I haven't made a load of anything for years I was famous (within my family) for my zucchini bread and banana bread. Though I never put any other fruit in it besides bananas what you did sounds so tasty ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hair gets a little grayer/whiter every time I cut it, too. I wish it would just turn completely white already. I love my natural colored hair.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.