YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, February 10, 2020

GOING, GOING, GONE!

Image result for going going gone

This is one of the favorite times of the month.  Today is Big Brother, Big Sister day.   This is the day when I rid my home of things that are no longer necessary in my life.  I may not have tons of things to put on the curb, but there are always things out there.

Today, BBBS is being gifted a kitchen trash bag of my clothes that have not been worn in 2 years.  There are also plastic lock n lock storage containers going away as well as a couple of knick knack items and last but not least, cookbooks!

The cookbook declutter was a last minute idea thanks to Sam.  She is going through her cookbooks and is making food from them to see if she wants to keep them or not.  I pulled all of my cookbooks and loose leaf recipe books off the shelf this morning.


These are all the cookbooks I own.  It may not seem like many to most of you yet, I find I hardly ever use them.  I obtain most of my recipes from Skinnytaste or from Pinterest.  That is how I have 2 loose leaf notebooks with recipes in it.  One of these days I will get those two books organized according to type of food, but not today.

I threw away copious amounts of duplicate recipes.  You see, I have my mom's 'special' recipe books and she loved to print out recipes and stick them in there.  She had 4 of the same recipes for fruitcake as well as hummingbird cake.  Not to mention all her duplicates of candy recipes.  (She loved to bake!)

When I finished I had a small pile to donate.


There is another cookbook under the Better Homes and Garden book.  It feels good to have those gone.  I now have room on the cookbook shelf for other items that need to be visible.  I can hardly believe that I used to have enough cookbooks to fill up 24 inch long shelves.  I am not down to 12 inches of cookbooks.  I did find two books that I had forgotten I had.  I have been perusing them most of the morning getting ideas for meals over the next couple of weeks.

Other than that, I plan on taking a little walk today.  It is supposed to start raining tonight and all day tomorrow so won't be walking outside tomorrow.   I want to knit some more on the shawl also.  Hubby and I have Bible class tonight.  Luckily I did study yesterday so am kind of prepared for that.

May you all have a great day today.

Until next time................happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Big Brother But Sister day that's a new one but what a great idea. Being down to 12 inches of cookbooks is amazing. I think I could part with a duplicate but I love my cookbooks ! I have a bunch that are at least three decades old. Enjoy Bible Study !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Look at you go! I wish I had BBBS here as there is no way to get rid of big stuff. You sure got going on a Monday! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I declutter cookbooks to. For the same reason as you. It is just too easy to go out to a website like SkinnyTaste and scan the website for say ground beef - and pull up choices - AND print them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a charity, curbside pick up this Wednesday. Finally, to get rid of some stuff and not have to haul it somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.