YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, February 23, 2020

WEEK 34


Hi there.  Hope you are all doing well today.  We are all fine here.  Let's take a look at what has happened this week in the world of fiber and of life.

There are 2 finishes this week.  First up is the baby blanket for my Great Nephew's Baptism.



The crocheting was completed on Wednesday.  After I finished it, I ran to JoAnn's to find the ribbon to weave around the edges of it.  Friday, I finally got around to weaving the ribbon.  


Here is how each corner of the blanket looks.  I love this ribbon with the little silver crosses on it.  This week, I will email my nephew and his wife to let them know I have made this for the baby.  Fingers crossed they will not mind that I took this on myself to do.  If they already have an heirloom blanket then I will still send it to them as a keepsake from me to the wee one.

Thursday, I started a new shawl.  I KNOW!!!!  But this one is for the prayer shawl ministry at church.  It is the Cabled Rosary Prayer Shawl pattern.  I only have a few rows completed on it so it is not photo worthy yet.  My plan is to only work on this shawl on Thursdays.  On the other days of the week, I will be working on my other WIP's I have going on.

The other finish this week is another dishcloth.


This makes #4 for the wedding gift.  Only 8 more to go.  The goal this week is to work mostly on these.

This coming week my son is heading out of town again.  This means dog sitting duty for me once again.  I really don't mind.  This will be a good week to see how many of the 8 remaining dishcloths I can knock out.  

Wednesday is Ash Wednesday which leads us into the season (at church) of lent.  There are 8 days during this time where we are totally meatless.  I do enjoy coming up with recipes that are meatless and nutritious.  Hubby is not a fan of meatless meals yet, does not seem to have an issue during this season of Lent.  I would be happy to be meatless one day a week all year but.....................well, husband is not keen on that.

Yesterday, we had a retreat at our church.  My job for the day was to take pictures of the goings on.  We had about 25 people there.  It was a great retreat and I do believe I got some great shots during it all.  I gave my SD card to our leader's husband and he downloads and works with the photos.   He makes a CD to be given to each person in our RCIA class when the classes end.  Then they will always have a memory of their year long journey.

Because of the busy weekend, my body is not happy with me today.  My RA is protesting the amount of heavy lifting and of strenuous moving of furniture I did for 2 days.  You would think I would know this from the last retreat.  NOPE!  I never learn.  I should be fine by tomorrow though.  

Today will be a good day to knit on my feather and fan shawl or on my alpaca shawl. It is a nice cool day outside so a warm knit on my lap will feel fantastic.   There will also be a loaf of bread made as well as menus written up for the week and a grocery list made.  My usual Sunday activities.  The only difference is it is starting later than usual since we went to Mass today instead of Saturday evening.

What are your plans for today or for the week?

Until Next Time...................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. The blanket is just beautiful, Marsha. And I love that ribbon! I hope your nephew and his wife use it for baby's baptism, but even if they already have something, they will love this one. And love that you made it for their little one. I hope they send you a picture of your great nephew wrapped in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blanket and how cool you found the perfect ribbon for it. Yes, lent is almost upon us. My priest has suggested rather than giving up something that we take on something. I think I am going to take on journalling every day of lent about my spiritual life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special blanket, hopefully a keepsake for years to come as well. You’re such an inspiration all the gifts and items you make for others and such lovely things. I like your priest’s idea about taking on something rather than giving up something and your journal sounds ideal for taking time out each day to journal your thoughts on your spiritual life. I am not religious and don’t follow lent, except we do have pancakes for dinner on Shrove Tuesday and Easter Eggs on Easter Sunday. Good luck with finishing your dishcloths this week whilst dog sitting, I’m hoping we’ll see some cute photos later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket turned out so pretty! The ribbon is really special. They will cherish it I'm sure. Good for you on the dishcloths too. I wish I could dogsit as I miss my girls so much and there are no dogs in our neighborhood. Enjoy! Yes, the RA was getting to me too. I'm thinking maybe the rain and cold we've been having have contributed? The nap yesterday really helped! It sounds like you really overdid it with all your responsibilities this past week. I didn't know you were making a feather and fan shawl...how did I miss that? LOL! I'm hoping to "uncover" my yarn and pattern for the Multnomah so I can start that again now that I can do the feather and fan. I can't wait to see yours! Give your grand dog a hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blanket is beautiful, I hope they like it. I'm sure they can't fail to. The ribbon adds that perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.