YOP LIST 2023-2024

Friday, February 28, 2020

DOG SITTING DAY 3

Image result for LAST DAY

Yup, today was my last day to dog sit.  He is a very good dog and I really enjoy watching him grow in knowledge and obedience.  This was a busy day for the two of us.  I did not get to his house until almost 10:30.  I needed to stop at Sam's Club and pick up a few items for him, my Grand Daughter and myself.

The Grand got out of school at 1pm today.  (Friday's are always early release days)  Thor and I went to pick her up and we had a BIG surprise for her.  Her letter jacket arrived this week.  The three of us headed into the BIG city (Phoenix) to pick it up.  Oh my, what a zoo driving into the big city is.  It was a 26 mile (one way) trip and took us almost an hour to get there.  She was so happy and very surprised.


She told me there are not any Freshman wearing letter jackets.  I asked why and she said it was because none of them had lettered.  WELL!  I told her to wear that jacket and be proud of it.  She lettered her first year in swimming as a Freshman!  We are so proud of her.

We spent 3 hours on the road going and coming from the city.  That dog was sooooo good.  What a dream of a dog to travel with.  He would nudge me with his nose once in a while to let me know he was still in the back seat.  My male dog whines all the time he is in the car.  My female is good as gold.

Once I finally got home, my dogs were so happy to see me.  That is until they smelled that other dog on me.  Then I was abandoned.


This is Enrique pouting because I was with another dog.  It could also be because I told him we were going to be going for walks starting Monday.  He is a bit chunky.  (Like his owner)


Luna was more interested in what my hubby would possibly drop (food wise) off the TV tray.   We are just astounded by the fact she acts like she never gets fed.  We assume this is because she spent quite a bit of time on the streets.

We had a lovely dinner tonight.  Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp from skinnytaste.  It has now been given the approval to make it again.  So yummy.

That is all for today.  I am going to watch a movie with the hubby and do a little knitting.

Until next time......................happy crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to your granddaughter. She's a go-getter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice grandma you are to drive her to get her jacket. Congratulations to her on "lettering" as a freshman. When I was in sports girls couldn't letter nor could we compete with other schools and there were definitely no sports scholarships for women. So glad things have changed. Thor is such a great dog! Poor Enrique....can you blame him? Poor baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the letter jacket. The colors are very nice. Ours were pretty boring, blue and white. Not that I ever got one, girls sports didn't exist during my time in school...you know, back in the dark ages. Good for her, give her my Congrats! Had to laugh at the picture of your dog snubbing you, lol. You unfaithful human, lol. Enjoy your knitting time. I have a cousin who lives in Payson and talks about going into the city, Phoenix..she sometimes says they have to go to the valley, meaning the same thing. She also complains of the terrible traffic. We've vacationed some in Phoenix, but generally stay close to the resort so as not to deal with the traffic. But, one still needs to get from the airport to the resort and back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Letter Jackets mean so much to kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for her lettering! I need to order my daughter's jacket.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.