YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, February 9, 2020

UPDATE WEEK 32

 

Welcome back.  So glad you took a few minutes out of your day to discover what is going on in my little part of the world.

There are finishes this week.  First finish ......................................................................

 Two dishcloths have been completed.  These are for my daughter to give as a wedding gift to a co worker.  She asked me to make 12 of them.  There are now 3 completed and waiting for the others to join them.  Dishcloths are my palette cleansing knit when I do not see projects coming off my needles very fast.

The other finish is..................................................................................................................


A hat for my local Grand Daughter.  She is working as a back stage tech for the school's play.  This means she helps with all the scene changes while the lights are off.  She was concerned her blonde hair would 'glow' and asked for a hat to help cover it up.  I stayed up until 2 in the morning finishing the hat so she would have it for Friday's performance.  Guess what.........................she didn't wear it!  She said it fit and she really loves the hat but...........no reason given as to why it did not go on her head that night.  KIDS!

The pattern for the hat is free from the Lion Brand website.  It is called..........................



I really enjoyed making the hat and the best part is there is no ribbing!  Now, if you are not a seed stitch fan, then you may not want to make this hat.  BUT............there are only 2 sections with seed stitch and those are only 6 rows.  That is not too bad.  It is made with 2 strands of a light DK held together.  If I make this again, I will only use one strand as I felt the fabric was a bit too stiff.  Of course, I did not use the recommended yarn for this but did find a decent substitute.  If I had used the recommended yarn it would have cost me $85 to make this hat.  Sorry, but not for a teen who changes her mind as often as the wind changes direction.  My cost was $7.  I could have chosen an even better substitute for the original yarn but, it did not come in the color black.  

The only other project I worked on this week was the Raspberry Fields Shawl.


I now have 4 of the 5 colors added on the shawl.  The last color to be added is quite close to the dusty purple already in the shawl.  I am hoping there is just enough difference you will be able to see it.  Once completed, this shawl will be donated to the Prayer Shawl ministry.  Speaking of which, I did go back to the Prayer Shawl group this week and totally enjoyed it.  I figured it was time to pull myself out of my pity party and live the life I have been given.  It was wonderful to be back.  My plan is to attend the meetings each week and become an active member again.

In other news..............................Normal life has been happening around the house.  Cleaning, laundry, groceries, bread making, menu planning, and decluttering.  

Today I have already transplanted my orchids into their bigger pots.

They look so happy to be in the bigger pots.  

Next up on the list is to make another loaf of bread.  While that is in the bread machine, I will empty the dishwasher and refill it, put the clothes away from yesterday's laundry, go through my closet and get rid of a bunch of clothes I no longer wear and then make out the menus for next week.  Hubby is teaching a class at church this morning so I have plenty of time to get all that done before he comes home.  It also gives me time to listen to my audio book without earbuds.

I need to figure out what to take for a going away brunch on Thursday.  One of our prayer shawl ladies is moving back home and said she will not be coming back next winter.  I will miss her.  She is a dear lady and so easy to talk to.  Do any of you have any ideas on what to make for the pot luck brunch?  Please leave your ideas in the comments.

Until Next Time..........................Happy Crafting!!!!!


7 comments:

  1. I love that hat! You've got my curiosity up now as to why she didn't wear the hat? I've wanted to learn the seed stitch so that might be a good project for me! Your Rasberry shawl is gorgeous! I love the colors you chose. You could make those turkey /chicken pot pies I made. They were delish! The recipe is on my post. Good for you with the decluttering....as it motivates me! LOL! Have a relaxing Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only knit things for myself, when I have given things if they aren’t worn that upsets me. Your a much more generous person than I am but staying up until 2 am to finish it I’d have liked to have known it was worn, I’m sure on another day she’ll wear and love it, I love the colours in your shawl, so pretty. There’s a survey I noticed on another blog for knitters being done my a University, thought it may be of interest. https://reading.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/science-not-fluff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if she realized she'd have to get all of her hair in the hat if it was truly going to cover all the blonde and maybe that seemed like too much (for whatever reason). If you ever find out, I'm curious to know as I thought it was a great idea (too hot for me, but for a teenager I wouldn't think so).

    I love that Raspberry shawl, Marsha. The colors are so pretty, and the design is fun and modern. And I agree about how dishcloths are really nice to work on between larger projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hat and the raspberry shawl. I have some cotton that is waiting to be make into dishcloths. I guess I need some motivation like a wedding to get cracking. I am glad the granddaughter liked the hat, you are a dear staying up to get it finished and I am sure she appreciates it (even if she didn't wear it - lol).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of that Raspberry Shawl. I printed that pattern out and the sample they showed in the pattern was not as pretty as yours - color choices do make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would not be happy with the granddaughter if I stayed up that late to get it done and she didn't wear it. I know they usually do wear black hats, as my daughter was in all the school plays, and or did the make up, and or the back stage stuff. One of her degrees was in theatre once she got to college. So am surprised, the director didn't insist she wear the hat. I rarely make cotton cloths, though purchased a lot of cotton way back thinking it was a good idea for quick small projects.....it seems to bother my hands, perhaps now with my new needles I should try it again. LOVE your shawl and am anxious to see it completed. Swing by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your raspberry shawl looks fun. Oh boy on not wearing the hat. My teen was going to be a stage hand two summers ago for a city college production that would also give them volunteer hours but there was a rule she had to be present for everything and we had holiday plans.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.