YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Week 44



A blessed Sunday to all of you out there.  It has been a wonderful week here and I am blessed beyond all measure.  I am finally totally out of my thumb splint/brace and my crafting has taken off again.


These are the bed socks I made for my mom out of worsted weight.  It is "I Love This Yarn" from Hobby Lobby in the colorway Aegean.  I was worried about making such a thick sock. Never having made a sock from this weight yarn, I was concerned they would be too warm. Not need to worry about that.................she loves them.  She was super happy on the fact, they came up a bit past her ankle and kept her nice and warm all night long.  They stayed on her feet and never came off.  A big plus for her since she is unable to reach down to put socks on and off.

Since she loved them so much:



I started another pair for her.  I have tons of worsted weight yarn and it is ALL variegated. Lucky for me, she doesn't care about color as much as she does warmth.  I will say, working socks in worsted weight, they sure do knit up faster.  Once again, I am not using any pattern.  I cast on 40 stitches on size US 5 needles and do a 2x2 ribbing for 2 inches, knit for 1 inch, do the Fish Lips Kiss heel and then knit until I am 2 inches from the length I need.  A very basic easy pattern that I can do without looking at a pattern.

I completed the Radiating Dragon Fly throw for the prayer shawl ministry at church.


I am in love with the colors.  It ended up being about 40 inches square, so should do nicely for someone wanting a bit of warmth for their legs.

I had to start another prayer shawl project right away.



This time I am knitting the Stitch Sampler Shawl.  This will be the first time I have worked with Crafter's Secret yarn.  It is from Hobby Lobby also.  I would rate it between, I Love This Yarn and Red Heart, for softness.  I do believe that once it is washed and dried, it will soften up quite a bit.  These are nice big skeins for a fantastic price.  I normally do not knit a prayer shawl as it takes a bit of time for me.  But, I saw this pattern about a month ago and fell in love with it.  One of the other ladies in the prayer shawl group has made it already and it turned out very nice.  I am striping it to give it some interest.  Once again, using the jewel toned yarns to brighten up someone's day a bit.

I did not add anything to my stash this week.......shock!  I was too busy trying to relieve the stash of some yarn.

Today, I have already planned my menus for the week and made out the grocery list.  I will be heading to the store in a little while to get said groceries and then I will have the rest of the day to relax and knit away.  I love days like that.

It helps that I woke up at 3:30 this morning so I could accomplish all of my 'to do' lists. Seems like I am waking up very early every Sunday now.  That is fine, I can take a nap this afternoon if need be.  Dinner is already in the fridge marinating (steaks) and hubby will grill those up tonight for us.  So I really do not have anything left to do but go to the store.  

I am looking at my schedule for the week and it is again normal.  I do have to get our guest room cleaned up a bit though.  My brother is coming to stay for a week for Mother's day.The guest room has become a bit of a storage area for us, and I need to weed out some things in there that are not being used and won't be used.  I think I hear Goodwill calling my name LOL.  I actually look forward to decluttering the room.  Call me weird, I know.  I have a vision in my mind of living a very simplistic life and being more of a minimalist.  Well, other than having a stash of yarn.  Someday, my dream will come true.....................maybe.  Hubby is not on the same page as I am..............yet.  He is getting better though, so maybe in the next 10 years I will have converted him totally.  MAYBE!

Time for me to get off to the store so I can get home and clean the veggies and fruits and then relax with my yarn and needles for the day.

Until next time......................happy crafting!!!!!!!!


12 comments:

  1. I don't think you're weird to enjoy decluttering! We just staged our home and, when we stepped back to have a good look at it, we both wished we'd done it sooner. I feel lighter and freer with less stuff!

    I love your variegated colour bed socks. Those brown ones are working up super cute, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks are gorgeous, both pairs - I can see how your mum would love them. The shawls are lovely and sure to brighten anyone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blanket colours are so cheerful. We too have visitors coming this week so we are also de-cluttering. Feels good though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bed socks and so glad they worked out for your Mom. I have gotten some commercial ones and they do come off in the night so I need to make myself some of those too.
    The blanket tuned out just beautiful and the shawl I faved as it is a gorgeous pattern. I can't wait to see yours develop.
    Yes, de-cluttering is the name of the game here too....all those years of collecting "stuff" has now turned around to bite me! LOL! Plus, our lives change and so do our tastes. Enjoy your knitting this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading ordinary lists of to do's. I need to give some clothing to the shelter soon too. Off to walk with Fireman. Dressing up with layers. IT got cold again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, knitting socks without a pattern. I just never imagined that. I'm not totally in awe. I CAN imagine how squishy soft and warm those socks are and yummy they must feel to your mom. The Radiating Dragonfly throw turned out beautifully! I love the colors, too. Anything you want to write about decluttering I'm all ears. I think I'm right there with you on the simplifying and moving more toward something that approximates minimalism, but boy it is a process winnowing out a life time of stuff. I like how Sam puts it above. I feel totally betrayed by all this stuff I spent the first half of my life fondly procuring. I'll read anything you want to share on the topic, Marsha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good grief. That third sentence above says exactly the opposite of what I meant it to say. I meant I'm NOW totally in awe. And now off I slink...

      Delete
  9. Look at you all zippin' away on your sock WIP's. What a great finish you have on that dragonfly afghan. Your Amish book sounds interesting. I want to try out a Christian fiction this year. We have been to the burger joint a few times so I've been trying a different one each visit. I had their classic burger, their old school one, a bison burger, & now this crab one. All delicious! He and I shared sweet potato fries; man did I not feel all greasy and heavy after consuming those. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to learn how you are Portuguese knitting! I feel it really makes a difference. Do you forget like me to take off your knitting pin or do you place the yarn around your neck?

      Delete
  10. Love your prayer shawls, they will certainly make someones day snuggled up with those.
    Bed socks are great too.
    I wish you hadn't mentioned 'decluttering', lol. I have yet to do that in one of our spare room too, and then buy a new bed for it ready for the visitors. It might slowly work its way up my To-Do list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.