YOP LIST 2023-2024

Friday, February 5, 2021

MAKING SPACE

 


Ahhhhhh, it is Friday and hubby and I are ready to enjoy a nice laid back weekend.  It has been a whirlwind of a week.  Hubby is still working on decluttering the office.  He is being so good and going through every file and shredding things as he goes along.  We were able to remove the Barristers Case from the office and gave it to Josie's family for storage of precious things they don't want Thor to chew up.  That gives me the room to set up my photo printer in the office now instead of the guest room.  He may need another week in the office and that is fine with me.  He has been doing such a lovely job and things are looking so neat and organized.  

I spent the week working on my craft room.  I took the last load of items to Goodwill yesterday.  I am trying to make a conscious effort to remove the items as soon as I have enough to fill the back of my SUV (with the back seats folded down).  


This is just a sample of the things I found in my craft room that left the building.  Ribbon, jewelry making supplies, antique lace, and decorative tins.  There was plenty more but this shows you the kind of things I have been hanging onto for many years.  All this plus much more was from the closet in there.  I had 2 kitchen garbage bags, a storage box & a cardboard box full of items as well as rolls of satin material, shelves and little organizing containers to donate.  

Here are the after Photos.


This is the right side shelf all those 45 year old closets have above where the clothes hang.


Middle shelf

Left shelf.  All nice and cleaned out.  


Left side of the closet.  I actually can see floor space again.

Middle of the closet.  Don't tell anyone, but I have empty cubbies.  I was going to get rid of the clown photo but.................It is the only thing I have from my step dad.  He collected clowns and gave this to my boys when they were young.  You twist his nose and he plays "Send in the Clowns".  None of the kids want it at the present time.  They think he is scary looking.  Guess we should have taken them to the circus more often.  


And, this is the left side of the closet.  It was hard to get a photo of this because of the small space to stick my hand in.  The project bags in the top right cubby are ones I am thinking about doing.  They have the pattern and yarn in them already.  I am just not sure if the pattern and yarn are a good match yet, so they sit and wait while I contemplate.

I actually finished the craft room on Wednesday.  Once I got going in there, I just could not stop.  That gave me all day Thursday to run errands.  I wanted to get everything completed before today (Friday).  Why?  Because......................early this morning (1:30am) hubby and I had an appointment to receive our first Covid vaccine injection.  We drove 45 minutes to get to the site where they were giving the injections.  Once there, we were 'interviewed' 3 times, got our injection, sat for 20 minutes to make sure there were no adverse side effects and then were able to leave.  Drove another 45 minutes home and finally got to bed about 2:30 this morning.  It only took 30 minutes from the time we got to the injection site until we were done.  It was the drive to and from that took the longest at 90 minutes total.  The nice thing is, we got to stay in our car throughout the entire thing.  We have seen so many places where you have to stand in line for hours.  We also got an appointment for our next injection in 4 weeks.  This time we took a little earlier time slot. (10pm)  The reason we are taking the late times is because of traffic.  If we go in the late evenings/ early mornings, traffic is pretty light.  Otherwise, it could take us up to 2 hours to get to the injection site.

As for how we feel after the injection.............................we both feel fine.  Not even a sore arm.  The one thing I told hubby was to make sure your arm is totally relaxed and after the injection start moving it all around to help with soreness.  Plus, we drank a lot of water after we got the shot. Seems to have worked...............so far.  If you are wondering......we got the Pfizer vaccine.  It is the one I actually wanted so was happy to find out that is the one we received.

Hubby is planning on cleaning our living room today.  St Vincent came this morning and picked up all the boxes of books that have been living in there for the past 2 weeks.  It is so nice to be getting things out of the house.  Even my hubby has commented on how we are really moving along and being critical on what we are keeping and what we are moving out of the house.

While hubby is doing the living room, I am going to go through our 1 linen closet.  It has been bothering me for about 3 weeks.  I went to put the guest room sheets and comforter in there and discovered there was no room for anything.  Time to find out what I have 'stuffed' in there over the years.

Until next time.................................................................

2 comments:

  1. Hello Marsha! :) I'm drooling over the picture of all those laces. That's the danger of showing craft room cast-offs to a fellow crafter. ;^) Glad you got your vaccine. I've been thinking the Pfizer vaccine is the one I don't want - on the chance that it gets mishandled (not kept cold enough). Curious how you came to specifically want that one. I don't know that we know ahead of time what one we're signing up for, so I don't guess it pays for us to hope for one over another. Hubs is signed up for his first shot next week. I don't know when it will come down to 60 which is when I will get to sign up. I'd jump at a 1:00 am time slot. I'm almost always awake at that time anyway (sometimes still fully dressed). That would fit my "schedule" perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Marsha, empty cubbies? I won't tell! ;) You are really purging! That's amazing, must feel good too. Oh the vaccine, so glad you got it and THANK YOU for discussing that you had no side effects. That's the one thing I'm always worried about myself though we are nowhere near being vaccinated here yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.