YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Glorious Day

 



It is a glorious day here in my town.  We are in the 70's with lots of sunshine and a light breeze.  I would love to be walking about the neighborhood, but will be satisfied with sitting in my backyard enjoying this weather.  It is going to get cold again (for us) on Sunday with rain chances in the forecast.  Then right back into the 70's next week.

Hubby and I are getting ready to head out and go get our Covid test.  We are getting the saliva test done.  It will take 2-3 days to get the results.  That is okay as we still have another week of quarantine to live through.  

Our local son and his daughter have both lost their sense of taste and smell.  They said, it is really hard to get excited about eating when you can not taste your food.  My poor Daughter in Law said it is kind of hard to make a great dinner and no one 'appreciates' it.  Since no one can taste anything, I decided not to make bread and brownies for them.  Once their taste buds come back I will treat them to some homemade goodies.

Speaking of sons..................the one that lives in Texas tested positive yesterday.  He has the headache, body ache, fatigue and a low grade fever.  No breathing issues...PTL.

Today, I did make a loaf of bread, took Arthur our of the fridge and started feeding him again, worked on the puzzle and checked up on all my sick kids.  No decluttering again today but that is ok.  We are quite a bit ahead of the posted schedule.  Not to mention, I don't want to end up with lots of boxes and bags sitting around for a week or two.  My OCD will not appreciate that scene.

I have pork chops laid out for dinner tonight.  We will have that, some fresh homemade bread and cooked veggies.  There is a Fireball Whiskey pumpkin pie for desert.  I made the pie a week ago and it is so yummy. I ordered groceries to be picked up tomorrow and made sure to order more pumpkin so I can make the pie again.

Until next time..................................................................

4 comments:

  1. praying your family stays healthy and beats the virus and hope you both test negative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're doing well. Hope the others come through fairly unscathed. We're headed into the single digits and snow off and on 'till a week from now when we'll start climbing out if it. We're going to do our best to hunker down at home 'till it passes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marsha, I had to go back and read some of your earlier posts. I'm sorry that your family is sick and I'm praying you and your husband haven't contracted Covid. Let us know the results please!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.