YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Last Day

 



Oh my goodness!  I can hardly believe this is the last day of our quarantine.  It will be nice to be able to get out and about again tomorrow.  There are so many things hubby and I need to accomplish before we leave Sunday.

But, let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Let me tell you about the last few days since I was here last.

First off, our son and his family in Texas are still without electricity.  That has been going on since early Monday morning.  As of yesterday, they were informed they need to boil any water they get from their faucet until further notice.  How do you boil water if you only have an electric stove?  My son said he is going to try and boil it on his gas bbq.  Water pipes are busting all around him.  He is afraid to open his deep freeze to see how much of his food has spoiled.  He knows everything in his fridge is spoiled.  All this on top of the fact he has covid and his daughter has bronchitis.  Please say a prayer for all people being affected by this winter storm as well as the one that is coming through again this weekend.

As for me, I have been busy putting a puzzle together.  It finally got finished this morning.


I received this from a dear friend who has since passed away.  It was not an easy puzzle to complete.  Especially since there was one piece missing.  It is now back in the box and I will donate it with a note on it that there is 1 piece missing.

The only other item I have been working on is a dragon for my TX grand daughter.


Say hello to Taragon.  His body was fun to do as it is all done in one piece.  The tail was done separately and then attached.


The long piece is the spiked spine and the little piece is a wing.  I still need to make 3 more wings and sew them together.  Then the spine and wings will be sewn onto the body.  After that.......arms and legs will be done.  It has been an interesting knit.  I am not normally a toy maker so this is a challenge for me to do.

Today, I made some more focaccia bread.  This time I added garlic salt to the dough and sprinkled Italian seasoning on the top.  I just tried a piece and it is much tastier than the last one I made.

I hope all of you are staying warm and safe.

Until next time.............................................................................................


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations for making it through your quarantine. I hardly leave the house, anyway. Tarragon is really cute! Your granddaughter will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for finishing the quarantine! I am sorry to hear of your Texas son's woes. I pray he gets electricity soon and that his pipes get fixed quickly. What a mess!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you remained well. Like Caffeine Girl - I seldom leave the house - just enough to get food so a quarantine would probably not feel much different. Would need to get groceries delivered and that would be it. I once made a toy - a dragon but mine was much much bigger which should make it easier than a small one. It was crocheted and I think crocheted toys are easier than knitter ones (and I am a knitter). But I found my dragon challenging and did not actually enjoy making it. I did finish it and gave it to my grand daughter. I probably will tackle only one other toy - a crochet tooth fairy. It was so cute. She is only 3 so I have time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your son and granddaughter in Texas! What those people are going through is criminal! Another storm is coming? And your son has Covid on top of it all? I will definitely be praying for him and all those in Texas affected by the storm and the incompetence!
    Your dragon is so cute and that puzzle looks like a doozy! Glad you didn't catch Covid and your quarantine is over! Stay safe and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poor son and DIL, having to deal with all of that on top of illness. Fingers crossed for them and Texas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.