YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Sadness

I received a text this morning around 5:45 letting me know my friend, Bev, had passed from this life around 5 this morning.  I didn't get the message until almost 6:30 as my phone is on vibrate.

I am sad, yes.  That is to be expected.  I know.  I am shocked at how heavy my body feels, how empty my mind is, how all I can think about is my friend and all the grand times we had together.  I want to cry, but am afraid if I do, I won't stop.  So I let silent tears just fall down my face.

I was her matron of honor at her wedding to her ex husband (long story).  We celebrated Christmas eve with them for years.  I have watched her joy at the birth of her grands and great grands.  I have listened to her as she worried about her children.  She was there for me when I needed to let out my feelings and emotions about events in my life.  She never judge me and I never judged her.  We accepted each other for the way we were.

During our remodel, the dogs and I spent a week going to her house everyday.  That way the workers didn't have to worry about small critters under foot.  We worked on puzzles, watched tons of westerns and laughed at the silliest things. It was so much fun for both of us.  She was also a fellow crocheter.  It broke my heart when she had to lay down her hook because of her eye sight and then her illness.

She learned to love football and was a fierce competitor during fantasy football season.  She finally won this past year and was so proud.  We even had a party so she could receive her trophy.  It was the last party we had at her house.  

There is so much more I could say.  But for now......I am just going to cherish my memories and let my heart heal.  I am going to pick up my crocheting and think of her while sliding my hook in and out of the prayer shawl I am making.  

Until next time..............Happy Crafting!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Marsha. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how much time you spent with your dear friend and how much she meant to you - just from reading your blog. Of course, you knew it was inevitable, but regardless, I know that heavy empty feeling you are describing. It's always a shock no matter what. I think you should cry and cry and cry. It's therapeutic in its own way. Take care my friend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to read this, Marsha. What sweet words to share about your friend. What a treasure to have stayed close all these years (both physically and emotionally). I am both sorry for your loss, and in awe at the gift you had in this friendship. Hugs to you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Im' so sorry. BIg hugs to you as you adjust to a new kind of a life without one so dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha, I'm so sorry for your loss. I never really know what to say in times and situations like these - just remember that God promised us a new world without death, one where no disease will come and claim lives and break up bonds and friendships. (Rev. 21:1-4)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts are with you. A beautiful post that shares your love for your dear friend. May she rest in peace and may you find beautiful memories to carry with you in her absence

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.