YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, July 15, 2019

All Questions Answered


Image result for questions

Today I decided to answer the questions that have been appearing in the comment section of my blog.  Blogger is not very considerate when it comes to replying to a comment.  Normally it does not notify you that a  reply has been made to the comment you left.  Wordpress does this and I so wish blogger would incorporate that into their program too.  So from now on, I will be doing posts periodically to answer questions.  So here we go!

I’m still staggered by the amount of yarn, is it all logged somewhere? (Liz)
Not really.  I never used Ravelry to log my stash.  However, that being said, I do have a craft room and all my yarn is visible at a glance.  
Image result for cubby storage
I have several of these type of storage units and the yarn is separated by weight.  It works well for me anyway.



I love that you've converted your yardage to miles...how far do you think that would take you? (Ruth)

It would take me round trip twice from my home in Arizona to Madrid Spain.  If only I could get there that way, huh!

We can be Boxy twinsies- (Kim)

Actually, the Boxy Sweater I am wanting to do is this one.

Although the one you are talking about is another one I would love to do.  I just need summer sweaters for the moment though.  Our winter doesn't last long enough here to warrant more than a cardigan or two.

And I'm curious if that Deborah Norville Everyday yarn is the color Aubergine? (Becki)

Yes it is.  I do believe it has been renamed Premier Yarn instead of Deborah Norville.  I love it's anti pilling properties.  I do not like 'shaving' my sweaters LOL.


 I see the blanket you are knitting is also blue. Same baby? (Mary-Ann)

Yes, it is for the same baby.  They live in New York City.  I know it gets pretty cold back there and figured a nice warm blanket would be welcomed.  

That is all of the questions that have popped up over the last couple of weeks.  There is one person who is interested in joining the YOP group.  She is amazed at how long our lists are.  HEEHEE.........Seldom are those lists completed.  At least mine aren't.  Not to mention, the items that get added in as we go along because we see a need for something during the course of the year.  The lists we make are just like a Christmas Wish List. Doesn't mean everything on the list will be under the tree.  Nope, not even close some years.

That is all for today.  I have red chili cooking in the crockpot and the beans are being cooked on the stove top as I type this.  If I am really feeling domestic, I may even make hubby some home made tortillas to go with it.  Normally, I only make this meal in the winter as it does heat up the house a bit.  But what the heck........I am feeling especially nice today LOL.  Hubby loves my Mexican cooking.  He should since his mom is the one that taught me almost everything I know in that area!  Nothing like learning from the master.

Until next time................happy crafting!

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea. Marsha. I tend to answer questions in the comment section and figure that if someone wants to know they'll come back. I do! I don't find WP's notification system satisfactory because if you clicked to be notified, you end up getting notified of every comment and response that happens after you post your comment. That's not what I'm after. But THIS is a great idea. Even if one answers comments in their comment section, answering them this way gives a larger audience to the questions and answers, and I think that's a great thing to do. By your doing this, I've seen some questions I didn't see the first time around, and I've learned some things about you. Like the pretty way you store your stash. I hope you don't mind if some of us copy you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea Marsha and one I too, like Becki will think of incorporating as it's a great idea.
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my q...how exciting to think you have enough yarn to make a round trip twice from your house to Madrid....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have way too much stash to have it all visible. Plus, no room upstairs, so I have to go to the basement to see things on shelves in bags or boxes. I tend to separate by color. You must use your yarn quick enough that it doesn't get too dusty since it's sorta opened? I haven't noticed any change about not being emailed when someone responds. There are so many settings on blogger that no blogs are the same, so perhaps it's really there, but people just aren't using it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did notice that some folks who participated in the the yearly knitting goal group on Ravelry used the January to January cycle. My brain starts making plans in this regard in November and December - for the next year. I usually post those goals on my blog. I don't make resolutions but I like to post knitting goals with the New Year. I think I will continue that practice. However, I will still enjoy viewing the goals of others on whatever schedule they are on. I never complete my list either - but I do start with a shorter list. hahaha. And I think my projects are longer to complete - so there is that! No matter. With regards to knitting, my expectations are definitely bigger, way bigger, than the life hours I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Marsha! I might incorporate this too. I love your boxy! It looks perfect for your weather.
    As far as my project list goes.... there is NO way I will complete it all but it is kind of a wish list, isn't it?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to feel nice once in a while, hee hee! ;)
    I felt nice the other day and cooked up a storm, that's how I show my happiness, in the kitchen! :) Nice idea to answer questions Marsha! Oh and I love the compartment you have for your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a good plan - I try to answer questions on my blog but never know if the person comes back to read them or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE how your hubbie loves your Mexican cooking. Mmm...your chili sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.