YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, July 7, 2019

YOP 9....LET'S GET IT!

 Happy New Year!  Once again we are starting a new Year of Projects.   If you would like to join in on the fun HERE IS THE LINK.  You can join anytime.  The idea is to have fun, meet other people with crafting skills and maybe even learn a new skill in the process.

This is my 9th year to participate in YOP.  Yes, I have been here since the beginning.   I had only been knitting for 2 years before joining.  I have learned so much from other members of this group.  Thank you all for inspiring me to push my skills to new levels.  The opportunity to continue advancing my skills as well as meeting other crafters is what make me continue year after year.  

This is the week we post our lists of what we 'plan' on doing over the next 52 weeks.   So, let's get on to the list I have made for the coming year.

YOP 9 GOALS

Finish Boxy Sweater started in 2015

Finish Eva Shawl started in 2011

Finish Forrest Path Shawl started in 2018

Summer Top for me
  Spotting Clouds ( this time with fingering yarn )

Cardigan for me
  It Really Fits  Cardigan 

Short Socks

Regular Socks

Project bags/totes

Market bags

Produce Bags

Tissue Box Covers

Plastic Canvas Nativity bought in 2009

Bookmarks

Shawls for both Prayer Shawl and Personal

Blanket/Throw
  Polly Plum Squares

Dishcloths
  DW Pattern (no longer available online!)

Doilies/Table Runners

Baby Items
Wee Sherlock
Little Boy Blue
Easy-Peasy No Sew, Stay On Baby Booties

Purchase of yarn is prohibited!!!!!  I have over 21,000 miles of yarn to play with this year.  (38,481,140 yards)

Any other project that falls into my lap.

As you can see, I have already picked patterns for some of these projects.  By the time you read this I will already be working on some of the projects since the "new year", for me, started July 1.  Next week I will start posting my progress photos.  

This weekend I am in Las Vegas with friends enjoying some down time.  I brought a project along for the road trip.  I am not driving this time so there will be quite a bit of progress made.  Tonight we are visiting my fellow knitter's home for a little peace and quiet.  There will be knitting and laughter for sure.

Once again I am asking for prayers for my son in the military.  He is having surgery tomorrow to repair his shoulder.   He has been through this with his other shoulder so knows it will take time and patience with lots of physical therapy for proper healing.

Until Next Time.................Happy Crafting!!!!!




10 comments:

  1. Lots of great projects, Marsha! I am looking forward to seeing next week what you're already working on. I'm really excited to see your Polly Plum squares and resulting blanket. Prayers for your son! Feel free to give us progress reports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing your projects and your plans. I seriously considered participating this year. I apparently follow a number of folk who do. I was totally amazed at the number of project planned and completed by those I follow. I am pretty sure my numbers would be way smaller.

    Still thinking on this ... I joined the Ravelry group. I may get my act together soon. But if not - I'll just follow along with the folks I already know. I created a list similar to this (but shorter) in January. For me January is the start of all things! Ha. Thinking ... thinking ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Marsha! I hope you are having a fantastic trip--with plenty of knitting time. You will have lots of yarn options with a stash like that--and no shortage of patterns either I imagine. Hey! We can be Boxy twinsies--I started one last Fall and it is on my list this year too.
    Prayers for your son for sure! Thank him for his service!
    xoxo
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list! You've got some fun projects in the pipeline, including that "Any other project that falls in my lap!" :) Sending best wishes for your son's quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 21,000 miles to play with - wow!!! I am sure you will have lots of lovely finishes by next July. I will pray for your son. I am thinking that perhaps shoulder surgery is in my future so I wish him a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a great trip Marsha and got lots of knitting time. Prayers and thoughts for your sons surgery and that all will go well with it. I love that you've converted your yardage to miles...how far do you think that would take you?
    What great plans you have for this year Marsha, I love the possibility of adding in the patterns along the way as well as the ones you have now and I'm looking forward to seeing how your list develops over the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss your post??? I thought I was really on top of things this week...evidently not! Your list looks glorious and quite ambitious too. You go girl! Have fun in LV!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m still staggered by the amount of yarn, is it all logged somewhere? Weaving is pretty quick to use up yarn in comparison to knitting or crochet, just a thought. Anyway you’ve a great list of projects to keep you busy. I saw a funny image on Facebook with some knitters acronyms, like PYC Professional Yarn Collector and SABLE stash accumulation beyond life expectancy...it’s got plenty of likes so you are no alone. Hope your sons surgery and recovery go well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have only just caught up here - I hope your trip was wonderful. I am definitely sending prayers for your son - hope it all went well. Also a fab list, I look forward to watching you get through that stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.