YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, July 21, 2019

WEEK 3 YOP


Hello again.  It is that time of week to catch y'all up on my crafting life and any 'real' life happenings since last time I wrote.

There is a finish of sorts this week.

One sock done and off the needles.  I will cast on the other sock yet today.  The short socks are so much fun to do and go so much quicker than those looooong legged socks.  

The baby blanket has grown this week also.

The second skein of the Pipsqueak yarn has been completed.  It is now 14" long.  A blue skein will be attached to it yet today.  It is getting pretty hard to work on this for any length of time.  This thing is HOT on the lap.  I have a personal fan sitting next to me blowing on me the whole time I am working on this thing.  My Great Nephew will be nice and warm in this thing!

As for my sweater.............I only added 4 rows to it this week so there is no need to post a photo of that on here.

I did start on another project though.

Started cutting out my plastic canvas pieces for the nativity scene.  I had a little issue with the first one I cut out.  Hence, I will be purchasing a couple more sheets of 7" canvas.  Even the top figure is not 100% perfect but nothing I can not work with.  It has been years since I have done any plastic canvas needle work.  

Here is quick look at the list.  Not much has changed other than starting the plastic canvas.

YOP 9 GOALS

Finish Boxy Sweater started in 2015

Finish Eva Shawl started in 2011

Finish Forrest Path Shawl started in 2018

Summer Top for me
  Spotting Clouds ( this time with fingering yarn )

Cardigan for me
  It Really Fits  Cardigan 7/1

Short Socks
  Rose City Roller 7/4
  
Regular Socks

Project bags/totes

Market bags

Produce Bags

Tissue Box Covers

Plastic Canvas Nativity bought in 2009  7/17

Bookmarks

Shawls for both Prayer Shawl and Personal

Blanket/Throw
  Polly Plum Squares
  Baby Blanket  7/12


Dishcloths
  DW Pattern (no longer available online!)

Doilies/Table Runners

Baby Items
Wee Sherlock  7/2>7/9
Little Boy Blue  7/10>7/10
Easy-Peasy No Sew, Stay On Baby Booties  7/11>7/12

Purchase of yarn is prohibited!!!!!  I have over 21,000 miles of yarn to play with this year.  (38,481,140 yards)

Any other project that falls into my lap.

"Real" Life

This past week has seen my hubby being super busy ripping up the indoor/outdoor carpet out of our Arizona room.  We enclosed the room a couple of years ago and have slowly been working on it to make it a useful space and not just a collect all room.  The carpet was glued down so hubby has been scraping and scrubbing and working his tail off to get it ready for the new flooring to be laid.  It is slow going.  The room is 25' X 13'.  He is working on a 6' X 3' area at a time.  We had to be very careful what we used to remove the old mastic off the floor because of our dogs.  Most of the glue removers are toxic to animals.  He found one that is OK to use and once the glue is removed, he scrubs the floor with Simple Green to make sure there is nothing there to harm critters.

I have been trying to help him out by taking over the house cleaning duties.  It has been 15 years since I have been the main cleaner.  I really do not mind the job and find I can clean, do laundry and prepare food all at the same time.  Yup, multi-tasking is still my forte!  

The dogs had their annual vet visit this week.  They both have gained weight and the boy has been told he needs to loose 5 lbs.  That is a lot for a little guy that only weighs 14 pounds. (He should only weight 9 lbs)  That meant I had to go and peruse the pet store for a decent weight reduction food.  The vet does not believe in 'grain free' food.  She did not mind me feeding them the 'grain free' that I was as I was also adding oatmeal to their daily feedings.  I found one with brown rice and barley as well as other grains in it.  They are getting a mix of their old food and new food so as not to mess up their tummies.  I also found low calorie dog treats for them.  The only time they get a 'treat' is at bedtime.  They do not seem to be aware of the diminished calorie intake.  Hopefully, the weight will start to come off of both of them soon. 

As for my son and his surgery...........thank you all, for your prayers and good thoughts.  He did had a little problem this past week.  He thought it had become infected but what happened is he had an allergic reactions to something that was used on his skin post op.  It seems to be all healing well now. 

Our youngest Grandson turned 16 this week.  SIXTEEN!  I do not understand how these kids keep getting older and I don't LOL.  

Today, I am heading to WalMart to pick up a new water dispenser.  Ours decided to die a couple of days ago.  It was about 9 years old so we feel it did a nice job for us.  It dispenses both cold and hot water.  I love the hot water feature in the winter when I want a lovely cup of hot tea.  There will also be a little bit of grocery shopping while I am out and about.  

I need to pick up some cotton yarn from WalMart too.  IT IS NOT FOR ME!!!!!  I have a dear friend who has been in the hospital for 2 weeks and is now in rehab.  She is very weak and they are trying to build her strength back up so she can go home.  Her daughter said knitting needles and yarn would be most welcomed to help with this process.  I will supply both for her as well as a book of dishcloth patterns for her to work with. Good thing Michael's is next door to my WalMart. 

Looks like hubby will be heading to Las Vegas this week to oversee some work being done on his mom's home.  We were hoping it would already have been done but......well it hasn't been.  Enough said!

That is all I have for your today.  Thanks so much for stopping by and reading this to the end.

Until Next Time...................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!! 

9 comments:

  1. I love your sock - I love shortie socks too. I'm glad your son is healing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marsha :) Your sock is great!!! :) And the baby blanket looks so comfy and cozy. I bet Jack would love to snuggle under it! :)

    OH gosh, those poor dogs have to go on a diet...I HATE DIETS...Jack weighed twice what he does now when we first got him. We feed our dogs and cats a grain-free diet, that with a good long walk each day and he lost 26 pounds over 4-5 months and he did it in a very healthy and safe way! Actually since they went grain-free, Marlene's UTI's have stopped completely. Good luck to them! For snacks, we give them apples usually and they love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colors on your sock! Are you going to try to do the same stripes on the next one or let them be "fraternal twins"? That Pipsqueek blanket looks so soft and squishy but I can imagine how hot it must be on your lap. Hope your son continues to heal and your dogs continue to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sock looks great. I keep saying I'm going to make shorties, but I never do...hmmmm....we have no a/c at the Homestead, so socks are about all I can stand right now...we are at the tail end of a heat wave...hopefully breaking tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shorty sock looks great (love the color of the stripes in that yarn). And that blanket does look warm. And SOFT! I look forward to seeing your Christmas project being stitched! Ugh to removing carpet glue. When we had carpet laid in our family room (10 years ago?) they glued the pad down to the cement floor (actually, I think they used silicone - grrrr). It was a mess and I was so mad when I discovered it. I'd better go 'cuz I'm getting mad just thinking about it again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sock looks great Marsha and shortie socks are always so quick arent' they! Gotta love them!
    The baby blanket is making great progress and it might be super duper warm but it's also super duper soft and fluffy looking and just perfect for a little baby.
    I hope the needles and yarn help your friend with her strength and recovery. Best of luck with getting the floor removed and hopefully with the new food the weight will fall off the dogs quickly and they won't notice too much. Safe travels for your husband and hopefully the work in Vegas will get sorted and done soon for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that shortie sock?! I have never done plastic canvas and am looking forward to seeing your Nativity progress-- what a lovely idea. You poor thing trying to knit that blanket in that heat you have... your are one committed woman. :) I hope things straighten out with your mother-in-law.....I commented on one of your past posts about our recent experience with an aging Mom. Caring for aging parent is not for the faint of heart.
    Best wishes on the doggy diets! Luckily that is something we have not had to deal with our Molly about--I am the one who needs to lose weight!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you bought the yarn for your friend, but I do want to point out that if it had been for you that would be more than ok too! Yay for multi-tasking. We women are super-heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad it was just an allergic reaction to the topical cream for your son. Man, your husband is workin hard on getting that carpet ripped out. He needs a massage after all that's done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.