YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, May 17, 2018

My Yard

Image result for part deux

I had some spare time today and decided to go outside and take some photos of my flowering front yard.



 This is our Texas Rain sage.  It only blooms when it has water.  We do water our plants every 3 days.  Now when it rains, this bush explodes with these little purple flowers.




 Our Mexican Bird of Paradise.  We have two of them.  One on either side of our front walk.  see those little reddish round buds?  in a couple of days they will open up and look like the ones below them.





Our purple Lantana.  This grows like a weed.  I love the purple color.  So many people have the yellow or orange lantana...........I wanted to be different.

That is it for my yard.  My next door neighbors have this plant


I have no idea what it is but it sure is pretty.  They have 2 of them and they bloom all year long.

I have shown you this before, but I had to show it to you again.  This is across the street.


A gorgeous bougainvillea.   

I love our blooming desert.  I have lived in many states and each of them have their own beauty.  You may have to look hard to find it, but it is there waiting to be discovered.

Here is a shot of a plant given to me for my mom's memorial service.


I love peace lilies.  I am so happy this one is blooming.  Of course, this is inside the house.  I was able to keep the last one I had, alive for about 7 years.  Hopefully, this one will last quite a while also.

Until next time...................happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Is Texas Rain Sage a ground cover? Sorta looks like, but could be just the camera angle. Such pretty flowers. I'm in my purple phase right now with lots and lots of dark purple iris blooming. Lovely
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great color in your yard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.