YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

How much?

Happy Tuesday to all of you.  It has been a great day around Casa De Noce.  We are getting things done for my mother in law and I actually think we are on the right track now.  Hubby got all the papers to the nursing home Dr this morning and she promised to have them complete by this afternoon.  How great is that?

Hubby and I have been filling out form after form to get his mom ready to move back to Nevada.  We are still hoping she will be able to move into the Veteran's home there.  It is one of the highest rated homes in the state.  And that includes all the state inspections as well as inspections done by Medicare.  We have been there too and it is very clean and the people are treated with great respect and loving care.

Unfortunately.................getting all this paperwork completed plays havoc with my sense of order.  Just how much paperwork does it take to move one little lady from Arizona to Nevada?



The dining room table is unusable at the moment.  It is covered with just some of the papers we are filling out and reference papers too.



Then, the desk I am sitting at now is where the rest of the paperwork is laying.  This should all be cleaned up and out of here by the end of this week.  Hubby is still planning on going to Nevada to personally turn in all the paperwork to the Veteran's home.  This way, we know it got there and to the right person.  We also made his brother in Nevada, Power Of Attorney so we will be turning all of the paperwork over to him at the same time.  This will relieve quite a bit off our shoulders.  It has really been hard on my hubby to try and get all this taken care of.  He has never had to work with medical stuff before and was at a complete loss.  Since I had been in the medical field since 1974 I was much more familiar with the ins and outs of the way things worked and who to call and what questions to ask.  Between the two of us, we manged to get it all handled.  We have also been blessed with people that have given us names and numbers to call when we were stumped.  Those people have just appeared in our lives at the right time.  We call them our angels.


Image result for Earthly angels

While hubby was working on all the paperwork, my bff and I went out to pick up some LuLaRoe we had bought.  It was kind of nice to just get away from the hectic mess at home.  When I got home I made our dinner and put it in the crockpot.  I am trying so hard to make sure we eat healthy in the evenings.  I have gone back to making Skinnytaste meals for our dinners.

Tonight we will have:




Slow cooker Beef and Two Bean Chili.  It is a new recipe to me but it smells so wonderful in my house right now.  I normally will not cook soups, stews or chili's when it is warm outside but, this sounded so good and makes enough for us to have at least 2 meals out of.  Since hubby is planning on leaving on Thursday, this will mean, I do not need to cook while he is gone.  I can have leftovers!  

I am getting ready to head outside to side to sit and work on my shawl some more.  I made quite a bit of headway on it yesterday.  I am hoping to get to the point where I will start the edging on it.  The edging adds another 5 to 10 inches to it.  I don't want it to be so long it becomes cumbersome for an ill person to handle.

Until next time.........................happy crafting!


1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm! That slow cooker recipe sounds delicious. I love a good chili. I'm glad things are progressing well for your MIL's upcoming move. Wow on the paperwork.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.