YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 FINALLY

Image result for happy new year

Happy New Year, friends and family.  I hope this finds all of you healthy, warm, happy and loved.

We had a small gathering of friends and family yesterday for a little football party.  Hubby and I did not get to enjoy it for long because....................................We ended up rushing hubby's mom to the emergency room.  I am glad we went as quickly as we did as it turns out she had a hemorrhagic stroke.

I am beyond numb now.  MIL (Mother in law) is now in the ICU Neurology unit at a hospital that is 20 miles from our home.  That is the only hospital with a stroke unit that had any beds available.  It took 8 hours just to get that bed for her.  The flu is rapid here and the hospitals are overflowing with sick sick sick people.  The hospital she is at is an excellent place and is well known for it care and advances in medicine.  It is also a teaching hospital so you know it has to be good.

We have no idea how long she is going to be there.  We figured for at least a few more days.  Then they will decide if she is a candidate for rehab or what.  Right now they are testing her to see if she can swallow.  They are also doing CT scans to keep an eye on the bleed in her brain.  Her speech has been affected horribly and her walking is pretty much non existent too.

Please say a prayer for our family.  We are in need of strength right now and the courage to face what ever challenges lie ahead of us.


Here she is with our local Grand Daughter on the 30th!  What a difference 24 hours makes.  And NO!!!!!!!!!!  Our Grand is not a giant, my MIL is barely 5 feet tall.

Until next time....................Happy Crafting.............which is what I am going to go and do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.