YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, January 28, 2018

31 DOWN, 21 LEFT




Sunday has arrived.  It is time, once again, for an update on the "Year of Projects" that started, for me, on July 1, 2017. I am so thankful to be able to do the crafts I do.  It has led me to 'meet' so many wonderful people and learn so many new skills in my crafting areas of knitting and crochet.  I have also gotten some new cooking recipes from this group too.  That is always a plus in my book.  You can join anytime.  Take a peek at out group here.

Here is what happened in my yarny world this week:


As you can see from my progress keeper, this sock did get some love.  Just not enough to get to the heel yet.  Maybe I will get there this week.  I have been more into something else this week.


Shawl making has been my passion this week.  This pattern is Mrs Hughes' Adventure Faroese Shawl.   This has been a fun project.  I started it on Tuesday afternoon.  Crocheting goes so much faster than knitting.  I plan on having this completed for next weeks Prayer Shawl meeting.  Then, I will turn my attention back to my lonely sock.

I did not make it to the prayer shawl meeting this week.  I was busy trying to find a placement for my mother in law.  She is being discharged from rehab in the next 10 days and we need to get her back to Nevada for her permanent placement.  It has been a mess and I still do not have a solid answer to the place we really want her to go.  I will be calling them again on Monday and each day there after until I get an exact date they can take her.  They will either get her in soon or stop taking my calls.  LOL

I did get my front porch completed on Friday.


I have not taken any time to sit out there yet.  I plan on doing that today while planning our weekly menu.  We are supposed to hit 80 F today and tomorrow with bright sunshine.  Since this area is always in the shade, it will be cooler there by about 10 degrees.  Perfect for a light sweater, hot tea and my cookbooks.  There is a breeze blowing today too.  Yup, perfect front porch weather.  There will be plenty of people watching happening too.  We have a Mormon church right behind our house and most of the people that go there walk, to and from it.  

Until next time.............Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!


8 comments:

  1. Oh, your lonely sock....too cute! Mine are in timeout until I can purchase more yarn of some kind and color. The shawl is beautiful and stunning in the black and white. I had no idea it was crocheted until you mentioned it...really gorgeous!
    Good luck with your MIL's placement. It's hard to do business long distance. I hope it resolves itself soon.
    Look at your lovely porch and I wish I could join you! I'm making Sunday afternoons planning sessions too for the next week....meals, tasks, monthly chores and maintenance and also, keeping up with my pantry 'makes' before I run out such as bread, dog treats, etc. Enjoy your afternoon! Perfect weather there! 55 here and sunny. Hugs~Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that shawl, I'm tempted to try a Faroese for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I want to join you too on that porch for a rock and a chat, some crafting and some tea. It looks so cozy and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your yarny world Marsha :)) Your porch looks so fabulous...how about a cold glass of Chardonnay and an afternoon of sipping and knitting together? We could discuss such grand topics as CHEESE and dinner ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds perfect to me. I have the wine, you bring the cheese.

      Delete
  5. I hope things get sorted for your MIL quickly so that she can get settled and maybe make some new friends.

    The front porch looks charming... and I'm super jealous of 80 degree weather. Today on our walk my husband asked me if I could even imagine the same walk in shorts and t-shirts instead of all bundled up in hats, mitts, scarves, heavy parkas, boots etc!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your rocking chairs! Which one is yours? I clicked on the link to see what the finished shawl will look like. I love that pattern. I love a pretty crescent shaped shawl. I hope you're able to soon have answers for where your MIL will receive the best care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I see your Hermione sock, I want to knit that pattern. I did long ago but then my mum said she didn't want any socks. So I still have to frog the loner sock; it's really big anyways, back when I first started knitting socks and didn't know about negative ease.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.