YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Midweek

Image result for hump day

I used to be a morning person.  Being married to the worlds biggest night owl has slowly changed me into a mid morning person.  Retirement has encouraged that behavior even more.  Ten in the morning is my 'get to it' time now a days.  I do have morning routines, though.


This is my cuppa and my journal.  Each morning I make either coffee or tea and put it in this cup.  I then sit down with my journal and go over my 'to do' list and also journal my thoughts from the day before.  This gets me pretty well centered for the day.

That travel mug is used each day and is the bomb!  I despise lukewarm morning beverages.  My Contigo Travel mug keeps my beverages hot for HOURS!  Yesterday I actually timed it and my coffee was toasty warm for 3 hours!  Just a little side note......I also have refrigerated creamer in my tea and coffee.  So, for it to stay really warm for that long is something.  This summer I will try cold drinks in it to see how it works with them too.  Stay tuned.......summer starts here in about 2 months.

Last night I got bored with my sock.  So I decided to start a crocheted prayer shawl.  I started a knitted one some time ago but feel knitted shawls take way too long.  So it is going to be frogged and I will be crocheting that yarn into this:


Mrs Hughes' Faroese Adventure Shawl.  It is the first time I have used a crochet charted pattern and am loving it.  It is a fairly easy crochet pattern as long as you keep your count straight.  I plan on going back to the Prayer Shawl Ministry group this week and will take this along to work on.  I have not been for over a month and really miss being with my lady friends.

My rocking chairs came in yesterday.  Assembly will happen today.  I am very excited to get them done and my porch ready for some outdoor crafting time.  

My kitchen got the cleaning I talked about in Sunday's post.  The fridge got torn apart and scrubbed down.  All the spices were taken out of the cabinets and only the ones we use were returned to the cabinets.  The counter tops were scrubbed and polished (granite shines so nice when all cleaned up.  Cabinets and drawers were culled and cleaned.  Yesterday I cleaned out our pantry........what a disaster that thing was.  I now have all my baking 'stuff' on one shelf so I no longer have to dig and move everything when I want to make cookies or bread or brownies or any other of our 'healthier' snacks.  This made me so happy, I looked like this all night.

Image result for smiling dog

No, that is not one of my dogs.  But speaking of my dogs:


They love their blankets. Usually one of them is buried inside the blankets.  Guess it was too early for that much effort this morning.

I am off to try and assemble a couple of rocking chairs.  Hubby needs to get his allergy shots today so it will give me time to read instructions (Yes, I do read them).  I have the power tools charged and ready to go.

Until next time.........Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. lol I married a night owl too, and now I am retired I stay up later than I used to (but still not as late as he does). I am up about 8ish and I enjoy the quiet to drink coffee, check my blogs and putter on the computer. I love that picture of the smiling dog. Does make me smile back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see you wielding a power tool Marsha! :) Good for you! And oh my gosh, congrats on the kitchen cleaning, that is ominous for me...I feel like we just have too much stuff and so little storage here. Your dogs are just adorable! :) Alex is a night owl, I'm a morning person...so far it's still that way. I love being up at sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I have a Contigo too! Alex got me a green one about a year ago and I LOVE IT! It also keeps my white wine cold in the summer when I'm on the porch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Off like a herd of turtles" LOL. I keep seeing beautiful prayer shawls and patterns—they make me desperately want to learn to crochet! Your pups are very sweet.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the style of rocking chair you bought. Sometimes I feel like a turtle. I bought a planner for this year and have been planning out my days of things I need to do. It's been helpful. I'm still getting used to it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.