YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Week 27 of Year 7





Another week has flown by.  Today will end the year 2017 for us.  Good Bye 2017, not my favorite year, to say the least.  Loosing my mom this past Tuesday was the final straw.  I am looking forward to 2018.  May it bring all of you happiness, health and lots of crafty goodness.

Since this past week was pretty emotional for me, I only worked on my sock.  It is slow going and I am no even finished with the leg yet.



Cruddy picture, but then, not much natural light at 4 in the morning.  I asked last week if any of you recognized the pattern I choose to remake.  Not one of you even tried to guess.  This is the Hermione Sock.  This is such an easy pattern to memorize and works so well with all kinds of yarn from solid to super patterned or striped.  I am not working the socks concurrently this time.  I didn't take the time to wind the yarn into 2 cakes.  I got lazy.  Hopefully I don't fall prey to second sock syndrome.  

My daughter in law's mom brought over 2 large bags of yarn, yesterday.  I went through them last night and scored about 10 skeins of super soft yarn that I will be making into either shawls or lapghans for our prayer shawl ministry.  I was so excited to go through all that fiber goodness.  (no photos yet)

Today we are having a get together with our dear friends from Las Vegas.  We are doing very simple food this year.  I have not been in the mood to do mega cooking, so my phone did it for me.  We ordered fruit trays and a 4 foot sub sandwich.  We will be making a meat and cheese tray as well as a veggie tray.  There will also be chips and dip and hubby's homemade salsa.  

While the guys watch loads of football, us ladies will be knitting away and laughing.  I will have my friend go through the bags of yarn to see if she lusts  wants any of it too.  There is quite a bit of chunky yarn and she does quite a bit with that.  There is also a lot of Vanna's yarn, which will be perfect for her toy making she loves to do.

Hubby's mom came down with his brother on Friday for a short visit.  They are leaving on New Year's Day to go home.  My Brother left yesterday morning to go home.  So I had a full house for 1 night.  I am ready for everyone to leave so I can have some down time and be allowed to grieve in private.  I am not good at crying in front of others, so I have bottled up my emotions for the past 5 days.  I can feel them coming to the surface and trying to leak out of my eyes.  I need time.......I need quiet......I need to grieve......I need to find my new normal.

For 2018, I have made my own bullet journal.  Last year I bought a ready made one and so enjoyed using it.  This time, I knew what I wanted as far as journaling.  I figured with a lovely blank journal book, a ruler, stickers, washi tape and some writing instruments, I could design, my own the way I wanted it.  I will be doing daily 'to do' lists and making notes on feelings or ideas for the day.  I am keeping it simple for the first couple of weeks to see how it goes.  I can always change up the way I design it.  This will be fun as well as new territory for me.  My drawing skills are lacking, so there will not be art work like many of my blogging buddies do.  

I still use my; craft, recipe, prayer and reading journals.  I find having separate journals for specific areas of my life works much better for me.  They are all in a lovely basket by my knitting space.  

This year is, once again, going to see me decluttering/organizing my home.  We are planning on finishing up the remodel this year so..................it is the perfect time to get rid of 'stuff' that is clogging up my life.  My home is not messy.......don't think that.  But I have a lot of 'stuff' that is unnecessary in every room of my house.  It is time to part ways with it and be happy with having the necessities of life at the ready.  Hubby gets a little twitchy when I head to the book cases......It's kind of funny to watch.  Yet, I have 5 bookcases full of books and there is NO need for that.  I am not talking about children bookcases.  I am talking about 6 feet tall by 4 feet wide cases.  And NO................I do not have a 'library room' in my house.  My journal will come in quite handy for this!

That wraps up my blogging for 2017.  A big hug to all my readers.  You make it all worth while to put my thoughts and feelings on here.

Until next time/year.........................Happy Crafting!




9 comments:

  1. Marsha, you are so sweet. This is such a hard time for you. I'm glad you'll be with dear friends tonight to ring in a new year. Your sub sounds delicious. :)

    I love your journal collection! I'll be making myself a few new journals too. I need one for the meal planning, one for the cheese making, one for my spirituality and one for my every day to do lists. I don't do things too fancy but I'm going to try more this year to make it more "arty".

    We'll be home with (you guessed it) melted cheese! We are finally using the Raclette machine and having a gooey cheesy dinner. I have some bubbly planned with homemade truffles (which I have to get going on!). Tomorrow is about sleep, movies and comfort food.

    I'm thinking about you and your loss. I do hope you are doing better, getting all of your sadness released. I'm a big cryer. It's the only way I can release toxic emotions and it really helps.

    I hope that 2018 brings you joy and love. xxx So glad we crossed paths. :) Your lock is LOVELY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol..I'm sure you knew I meant that your SOCK is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I forget could you please email me your address at slicher@centurytel.net and also your email so I don't have to go back and search for it from the last time you gave it to me or was that your phone number? Yes, I did not write it down like I should have!
    Okay, you have been in my thoughts and prayers each day and evening. I understand completely about needing time to grieve....you don't get much time alone until everyone leaves and you can finally let it all out. I hope you get that time this week. I've read up on grief and there are stages and everyone is different as to how long each stage takes but however long that is.....be assured you will feel better again....it just may not be today.
    Lucky you with the yarn donaton! I hope you have fun and can relax a bit with your friends today. I really miss the football especially at this time of year but Season 4 of When Calls the Heart is on Netflix so I can't complain! Have you watched it? It is so good...I highly recommend it!
    Good for you with the homemade journal....I love mine and will never buy another commercial one again. I too am going through my books and hoping to sell some although most don't go for much but they pay for shipping so that's a plus!
    Loving your socks...maybe you make a memory shawl in honor of your Mother or something that reminds you of her. I know when my parents died within 6 months of each other I created a rose garden....my Mother loved roses and since they had both served in the Army in WWII, I specifically bought WW2 roses...there were different colors and varieties. What I'm saying is, it helped me to process the grief and at the same time create something in their honor that I could look at and remember them by. Also, a quilt made up of her clothes....just a few thoughts. Lots of hugs going your way! Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts are with you as you grieve the loss of your mum. My sister lost her husband this year and today is a very hard day for her too. I will light a candle for both of you.
    May 2018 bring you peace and I am happy for your knitting friends and you yarn score!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself and grieve in whatever ways make sense to you. I hope that the good memories support you.

    Nice sock! Pretty orange!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have whatever time you need when everyone is gone to grieve, contemplate, move into your new normal... I enjoy reading about other's use of journals. I've tried bullet journaling and I love the idea of it, but I don't seem to have the stick-to-it-tive-ness to maintain it beyond a few months. Maybe I should just journal various areas of my life and not worry about the day-by-day-ness of a bullet journal. Take care, friend. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really hope you had a good evening and now as everyone leaves you get your time to yourself.
    Your socks are gorgeous and the pattern is a lovely answer to not quite vanilla but still mindless knitting. I definitely know what you mean about rooms that are filled with unnecessary stuff!
    Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to read about your loss. It brings back memories of when I lost Mom. Keep her in your heart, and keep those memories alive. Something I did which I found helpful/cathartic was to blog memories. I used the alphabet as a guide. To just I want to write about memories was too over whelming. By focusing on doing things in alphabetical order was helpful in sorting that out. It also help me actually think of things that started with that letter.

    Was out blog walking today and wanted to reach out to some folks to say Happy New Year, may it bring you some relief.

    Been a long time since I did the YOP, my charity blog seems to take over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sock is gorgeous! You knit so fast. I am sorry, again, about your mother. /hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.