YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

I am ready!

Image result for ready for christmas


I really am ready for Christmas.  All the gifts have been bought.  They are all wrapped.  Some of them have even been delivered to their correct home.  I am so glad I have that all d one.  

Like many of my other crafting pals, I did not make Christmas gifts this year.  Nothing really spoke to me as far as needing to be made for anyone.  Also, the year we did all homemade gifts was so stressful, I still can not think of being on a deadline for a gift.

The past few days have seen this family being busy.

Sunday, after I finished teaching at church (RCIA = Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults), hubby and I went to our local swap meet.  That is where I finished up my Christmas shopping.  We walked for 3 hours out there.  Needless to say, when we got home, we were a couple of tired old people.

Monday was my normal visit with my mom.  After I left her, I went to our Fry's (Kroger) and ordered dinner for Christmas so none of us have to spend the day cooking.  My son will pick it up on Saturday and all they have to do is warm it up on Sunday. There will be about 15 of us that day.  I would rather everyone enjoy family time rather than being in the kitchen tied to a stove or oven.

Tuesday I wrapped all the gifts.  I hate wrapping gifts.  Even gift bags don't make me happy anymore.  It took me about 3 hours to get everything wrapped.  Then hubby and I took off and went to some grocery stores to pick up much needed veggies and staples for our pantry.  We had just enough time to come home, put stuff away and head off to church for our Grand's Advent program.  We only have one more year and then she will be in high school!  How did that happen?

This morning, I got my nails done and then delivered some gifts to my son's house.  I also managed to get in to get my hair trimmed.  I was lucky enough to get the person I love and she did such a nice job of just TRIMMING my hair.  The last time I got it cut was 6 weeks ago and it has just now gotten to the point when I can work with it again.  I will never let that guy touch my hair again!

This afternoon, hubby and I are going out to my mom's for her annual Christmas party at her assisted living facility.  We missed the one last year as I was in Texas watching Grands.  They normally have it on a weekend but the place was recently sold and the new owners have other ideas.  Good thing we are retired LOL.

The rest of the week will be used to get ready for our company that will be arriving on Saturday.  I am so excited for mom's surprise bday party.  I have the cake ordered and will pick that up on Sunday around noon.  She wanted a carrot cake, but I went against her wishes and got her a white cake with strawberry filling and buttercream icing.  I needed something that would feed 30 people!  I will make her a carrot cake later on.

I did finish the sock....................finally!


He loves them.  I did not cast on another pair.........................yet.  I am working on a prayer shawl that has been on the back burner for several weeks.  I am not sure what I will be casting on next.  I have empty needles but I have so many WIP's yet.  I might just wait and when the spirit moves me, I will let  you all know.

OK, I need to get going.  I have missed not blogging as often as I did in November.

Until next time.........................................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. So great that you're all ready Marsha :) Just reading your post made me tired...you two have so much to do and are so busy. I love just being at home and not having any commitments except for the ones I have for Alex and me and the fur kids!! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so organized! You are smart not to knit gifts....I won't do it again...you're right...too much pressure! LOL! You're going to have a wonderful holiday season and your Mother is going to love her party and the cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.