YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Another One


Today I was once again informed I was not needed for teen/dog duty.  Of course, I was not given this news until about 8 in the morning again.  So, what to do with another day without a real to do list on it?  Have fun in the kitchen, of course.

First thing I did was make what our family called "Tingalings".  If you google Tingaling recipe you will find variations of it.  We make ours with butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and rice krispie cereal.  Most of the recipes online use chow mein noodles instead of rice krispies and then drop them onto wax paper.  I press mine into a buttered 8X8 pan and then cut them into squares.  I don't know why my mom chose rice krispies over chow mein noodles.  Maybe price?  Who knows and since I can't ask her............................I followed her recipe and it brought back some lovely memories as I smelled them while mixing them.

After the Tingalings, I decided to use up some of that sourdough discard I have been saving for the past week.  Hmmmm.......what to make that doesn't take forever to put together.  PANCAKES!



Here is the batter sitting for the 'required' 30 minutes.  It made 13 pancakes.  Neither hubby or I could really taste much of a sourdough flavor.  What we did notice is how fluffy they were from all that sourdough 'yeast' that was in it.  They are very tasty and extremely filling.  Two pancakes were all either one of us could eat.  They will be a nice change for our breakfasts this weekend.

Yesterday, I told you about the 40 minute buns I made for our dinner.


Here are the 4 that are left after we had our burgers last night.  They are wonderful.  I will be happy to make them anytime we need buns.  I used "everything" spice for the topping. Not sure I will do that next time.  Hubby prefers a plain jane top bun.   We have leftover burgers that will be used tonight for dinner.  This will tell us if they stay as soft as the first day.  The other two we will use for lunch tomorrow.  

There were also 2 loads of laundry completed today.  During my down time I worked on my Reyna shawl.  I am on the last mesh section and that is going to take quite a bit of time.  Come back on Sunday and I will show you what I mean.

Until next time.................................................................
 

5 comments:

  1. How I wish I was one of those folks who had "fun" in the kitchen. Just not my thing. But I do love to eat! hahaha! You stuff looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling really silly right now. I did not realize there was an "everything" spice. It's my favorite topping on bagels and french bread - especially, if I'm using that french bread to make grilled cheese sandwiches. I've got to look for this! I don't know that I'd want to put it on too many things (I also don't know that I'd want it on my hamburger buns), but I'd sure love to have it in my arsenal. Your hamburger buns looks wonderful. I almost asked yesterday for a picture. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or maybe I'll just make my own! :) https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-everything-bagel-spice-223103

    It's even sillier that it never occurred to me to look for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sourdough pancakes! I've never heard of tingalings. YOur b uns look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trader Joe's makes an Everything But the Bagel spice. It's good. Your buns look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.