YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Girl Fun

It has been a busy week for me and the Grand Daughters.  We have been on the go every day this week.

Monday, I picked them up from my Son's house to go to the movies.




We saw Overboard and laughed our selves silly.  It is a remake of an old Goldie Hawn/Kirk Russell movie.  We all loved it.  After the movie I took them out to lunch and  they talked me into taking them to the Mall for a little retail therapy.  We spent 2 hours there and only visited 3 stores.  All of the stores were accessory stores as they were looking for things to wear to the wedding this week.  We did have a little fun while there too.



They had to squeeze their legs to get into the car.  Sometimes it is good to be a 'little' kid again.

They were supposed to go back to my Son's house for another couple of nights but voted to come to my house for the rest of the week.

Tuesday, we did laundry in the morning.  Not a lot of fun but necessary if you want clean clothes for the next few days.  Once that was done we had lunch and then they begged to go to the library to find books to read.  Who am I to stop anyone from reading?  Off we went and truly enjoyed the experience.  For dinner that night, I took them to a local place for $.99 street tacos.  After all, it was Taco Tuesday here.  We had fun and ate our fill of street tacos and had churros for desert.  The girls are not allowed to have their phones when eating so they took a sketch book and took turns drawing in it.



They were so proud of their drawings.  They even made a story to go along with the drawings.

Wednesday, hubby came home from his whirlwind trip to Nevada for a major meeting about his mom and her care and where we go from here.  The girls and I decided to let him rest and we headed off to the Musical Instrument Museum (MIM).  



It was fantastic.  Actually....fantastic doesn't even begin to describe it.  We spent 2 hours in there and I could have spent quite a bit more time but my body was giving out by then.  Here are just a few photos of what we saw.



They had instrument from all the different countries you could think of.  They even highlighted Memphis and Philadelphia and a couple other US cities.  You are given a headset as soon as you walk in.  Each exhibit has a TV screen and you can listen to the music of that area as well as learn about their style of music.  One room allowed you to try out different instruments.  Most of those were percussion but........our favorite was the HUGE gong.  It was just like the one from "The Gong Show".  Quite loud and very satisfying.  Since both girls are in band and love music, this was super great for them.  


I think they had a good time too.  I will be going back again.  Admission was not expensive at all and well worth every penny.

That evening, our daughter stopped by to see the girls and have dinner with us.  We BBQ'd up some burgers and had french fries with it.  Hubby had to eat quickly so he could make it to the wedding rehearsal. (He is reading the prayers)  The rest of us hung around the house and giggled a lot.


Our daughter is aware she is going to be out grown by these 2 shortly (no pun intended).  After the daughter left, the girls started searching for the hairstyle they would like me to do on them for the wedding.  They had some pretty crazy (elaborate) photos going.  The problem is...................I can not french braid hair.  I can braid, I can fish tail, I can curl, I can tease, I can do buns but no french braids.  Of course, they all loved stuff with those darn french braids.  I think we finally came to compromises on the hair styles.  I will be a busy MiMi today.  They also want me to do their makeup.  They think they are going to have a sultry smokey makeup done.  HEEHEE!  They are 12 and 13.  They will be having light natural flattering makeup that just accents their features and doesn't mask them.  

Tomorrow will be our 'kick back' day.  I will be doing laundry again to make sure our TX child's clothes are clean for her trip home. She also brought 2 pair of jeans for me to cut off and hem for her. There may be a bit of swimming involved in the day too.  Saturday, we will go to Mass and then the girls go back to my Son's house for a party and BOOM........Tx child goes home on Sunday.

It was a quick week.  We made some great memories though.

Until next time..................happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Oh what fun you're having with those grandgirls, Marsha. They are cute as can be and I can almost hear their happy chatter and laughter come through the photos. Enjoy the rest of your week with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your granddaughters! They are beautiful and the one w/the Hogwarts tee get two snaps up from me. And thank you for jumping through that WP hoop and making an account just so you can comment. I appreciate it and would do the same for you if I had to. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma camp! Sounds like it was truly awesome for all involved. Had to laugh when you said retail therapy, lol. Love the rule of no phones during meal times. Wish more folks would instill that. Hate to be out and see kids with their heads in their phones ignoring their parents or others at the table, and hate to see the adults permitting it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.