YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, July 10, 2023

WEEK 2 A LITTLE LATE

 


Ha!  Bet you thought I forgot to make a post for this week.  Nope.  I was in Las Vegas, until today, celebrating my BFF's 20th wedding anniversary.  Six of us went and had a great time.  We were busy the whole time we were there and loved it.  

I know, you would rather hear about what I did the past week in ways of crafting. So as not to disappoint.................

First up:


Sock one of the Rose City Roller socks.  I have not cast on sock #2 yet.  I finished this one the day before we left on our trip.  Casting on will happen this week.  No second sock syndrome for me.

There was the Car sock


I took this photo early Sunday morning.  I got quite a bit done on it last week after the RCR got done.

There was not much knitting time this weekend.  I did have some time to work on it while hubby drove us home.


Amazing how well those colors pop in direct sunlight.

There was some pretty scenery too.


Purple mountains majesty.  No, this is not painting, it was taken while going 75MPH with my phone.


A glimpse of the Colorado river running though Arizona.


My favorite scene was the one from our room at the hotel.  The waterfall was fabulous.  We woke up each day to this view.  Until today.......................................


Sometime over night the fountain got drained.  What a surprise!

We are now home safe and sound.  We did have a little car trouble on the way home.  Our car turned off in the middle of a construction zone on the highway.  The message "check your hybrid system" flashed on the GPS screen.  Luckily, hubby found a place to let the car coast to so we were out of traffic (and there was A LOT of traffic).  He hit the 'reset 12V battery' button and tried to start the car.  Hooray!  It started right away.  No more issues all the rest of the way home.  He had taken the car into the dealership the day before we left to make sure things were working right.  It is only 2 years old!  Hopefully we can get this issue solved very soon.  Until then, I refuse to drive his car.  I was so scared.  

Until Next Time.................................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




4 comments:

  1. I'm one of those people who LOVE seeing how things work. I think it would be SO FACINATING to see the inside of the waterfall and what makes it "tick". Its fun to see the shapes and sizes of the outfalls and comparing them to the shape the water takes when it falls.

    Hope the car battery issue gets sorted, that sounds scary! I had a similar thing happen with my OLD old car (a 79 Buick). It just turned off while I was on the turnpike (luckily no traffic), and 2 minutes later I tried to turn it back on and vroom. Never did it again.

    Love the color of the purple car socks. I too get much knitting done in the passenger seat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks do look great. The Roller City ones are cute too. Very summery. What a wonderful hotel. Glad you had a great vacation. It must be car battery time. I got stranded at the Y yesterday as our battery died. Roadside service came about 45 minutes later and got my battery jumped so I could get home. Fortunately my stepson has his own auto repair garage so he got us a new battery and installed it today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O I'm definitely interested in your trip as well as the crafting! The scenery is amazing especially that waterfall. I love the socks as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m hear for more than just the crafty bits. Although I may be a bit late leaving. The car sounds scary, is it a plug in hybrid? My car is a hybrid but not one you plug in. I’ve had it just over 10 years now and nothing like that has happened thankfully. Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.