YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Great Day

 


Finally!  We got our first dust storm last night and it was a doozy.  It started around 6:30P and lasted until after 8:30P.  Yes, the above photo was taken by one of our news channels.  Now, if it would come with some rain behind it I would be ecstatic.

Today was laundry day.  I got 2 loads done and will finish up tomorrow.  It is just too warm out to do to much.  I did go out and brush down the pool steps this morning.  Our A/C drain pipe was also displaced from the high winds last night so fixed that too.  I thought about jumping in the pool but the weather is so humid and hot it is not even refreshing at this time of year.

So, what did I do?


Well, I made flour tortillas, of course.  Can you see the temp on my Alexa?  It is 113F at 5:30P!  We are now at 19 days in a row of over 110F.  It is a record.  One, none of us really wanted to break.  The tortillas are going with the carne asada and seasoned pinto beans (all from scratch).  I do like to cook and am lucky that hubby does the clean up after we eat. 
BTW, the tortillas are made with sourdough starter and are so yummy.

Time to finish up the kitchen.  (Hubby puts everything away but does not load the dishwasher)  Then I can kick back and do some knitting while watching baseball.

Unitl next time..............happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. You always make such delicious dishes. That was a great photo of the dust storm. Are they noisy? Can you hear it hitting your windows? That is really hot when jumping in the pool doesn't cool you off! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to you sharing about your dust storms. It's just such a foreign concept to me - well except for reading about the dust storms that crossed the country in the '30s.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.